Why do I keep getting the same problem????

bennyboyca

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve had 2 hair systems over the past year my first system was a poly base with human hair, my current system is mono poly sides and lace middle, human hair). I’ve suffered the same problem with both of them constantly- knots and tangles! Both with my old and current system, the hair length is about 3” long.

I wash my hair once a week, in the shower, it’s tangled with knots, the guy that fitted my system told me to lightly grudge it in the shower, I’ve done this, when I get out it’s tangled with knots. I brush all the knots out (generally) and it sheds like hell! Then later on in the day, it seems like it knots again somehow- god knows how!!. I never put hair styling products in (I wouldn’t dare with all the knitting I get regardless). It’s just constantly dry, lacklustre (no matter how much conditioner I use) and knotted. I’ve tried a spray in de-tangler and spray on conditioner, nothing helps!

I’m just fed up with it and don’t know what to do, any help would be greatly appreciated!!

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
When did you receive them?
It could be something you are doing or just poorly made pieces with bad quality hair and workmanship. If the latter, very little can be done.

bennyboyca

My Regimen
Reaction score
When did you receive them?
It could be something you are doing or just poorly made pieces with bad quality hair and workmanship. If the latter, very little can be done.
I got the first one fitted may 2020 and the latest fitted in December 2020.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If the spray in conditioner doesn't work, then you have a low quality hair system and should consider changing suppliers next time. Also, when brushing it out, be gentle. I've got a 6 inch length hair system and it does not tangle, so it shouldn't be an issue if you have a decent quality system and are looking after it correctly!

jimlad

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it largely where you sleep on it? I’m finding that this happens to me, but not with all systems so I put it down to quality. My advice: try sleeping on a silk pillowcase, and/or with a bandana on. A lot of knotting will occur when you sleep. Some even take it off at night to solve this issue, although that’s not for everyone. Have you tried a comb with very thick teeth?

matt0135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hmm system length seems to be ok, as sometimes too short causes problems. What products are you using? Is the system like this right from the beginning or is it something that develops later?

You may be washing your system too much. I'd only shampoo it once a week or when doing service (which is once a week for me). Also a good quality leave in conditioner is a must. I use Back2Natural hydro balance, you can get it from hair direct's shop.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Always condition the hair before shampoo'ing, and keep the latter to a minimum. I find tangling to be, by far, the biggest draw back of hair systems.

Also, when you condition, do it while the hair is detached. Hold the unit upside down - base up - and run water through it like that so hairs don't flip through the lace holes.

bennyboyca

My Regimen
Reaction score
If the spray in conditioner doesn't work, then you have a low quality hair system and should consider changing suppliers next time. Also, when brushing it out, be gentle. I've got a 6 inch length hair system and it does not tangle, so it shouldn't be an issue if you have a decent quality system and are looking after it correctly!
Thank you, can you recommend a good supplier?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Potentially...