Why do i have such a scalp pain?

jikslee

Reaction score
giggsy said:
Look Fellas I am no Dr

All I know is that I suffer from depression and was never on anti depressants. I suffered from anxiety and I never linked the anxiety to my scalp pain. My scalp constantly felt like it was bruised. I read this article and decided to get on anti-depressants because I wanted to stop my anxiety.

As soon as my anxiety got better, my scalp pain completely went away. Bottom line is that you are wasting your time with trying to use Nizoral and T/Gel to cure scalp pain. I tried it all... Folligen, T/Gel, Nizoral, Tea Tree Oil.

I believe the problem is internal and has to do with your nervous system. This is reinforced in the article. If you suffer depression then get off your arse and go see a Dr. My advice is to ask the Dr to recommend a counsellor and to prescribe you an anti depressant that will treat your problem. Based on what you are describing, I am sure it will help your scalp pain.

horses for courses dude, t/gel and folligen has pretty much stopped mine. i take finasteride and msm too. Works for me, sorry it wasnt that simple for you.

giggsy

Established Member
Reaction score
He suffers from depression. Most likely its his nervous system that is causing the reaction. T/Gel etc are only band-aids to the problem. They relieve your symptoms. they dont cure it.

jikslee

Reaction score
well you could say that about a lot of things, all male pattern baldness treatments included.

and sorry, but i didn't notice anywhere shittyhair saying that he suffers from depression. from his description of the balls of yellow gunk his hairs it just deosn't seem to fit with subjects in your study who were suffering from BDD.

yello911

Established Member
Reaction score
Which came first, hairloss then depression or depression then hairloss? Usually the hair starts falling out and the depression kicks in. I believe depression can have an effect on some peoples hair but even if he has an irritated or painful scalp, it doesn't exactly mean that depression is the definite cause. Wouldn't hurt to look into it though.

Anyway, Shittyhair, my hairloss seemed to start just like yours did about 13 years ago. For years I would get out of the shower and immediately sludge mousse and gel on it to give it the wet look. I hardly ever brushed or even touched my scalp. If I had an itch, I would carefully scratch it with one finger as to not mess up the perfect wet looking helmet head. About a week after my 20th birthday I was at my fraternity house and got in the shower. As I ran my hands through my hair, hundreds (and I mean hundreds) of hairs were on my hands. Even with my hair dry, hairs would pop out with even the slightest touch. The ends of most of these hairs had this ugly petrified yellow blobs on the end. You could actually remove the yellow blob to expose the white bulb underneath. I ended up losing about half of my oringinal thickness in less than a year! My scalp was itchy and sensitive. I finally said what the f*** and figured if the hair is going to come out with normal brushing, it was on it's way out anyway. I started brushing my hair often. It kind of hurt at first but after a few minutes I felt this rush of blood to my head and my pulse beating up there. It had been a long time since I felt the blood pumping in my scalp and it felt great. I think it began to spred the oils on my hair instead of building up on my scalp and clogging follicles. I started using Neutrogena anti-residue formula and every few days or so I would use a good zinc dandruff shampoo also and sometimes a salicyctic acid one. My hairs continued to fall out but my scalp got much, much heathier and the yellow plugs all but disappeared. My hair shined a little more. Now that I have been taking finasteride and minoxidil, I've had quite a bit of regrowth albeit far from my original teenage hair. If I dared to put gel in my hair, you would see tons of scalp.

Oh well, I guess I really don't have much of a point here, but at least you know that there are others that have had a similar situation as yourself and managed to overcome it.

KEVING

Established Member
Reaction score
See i would say that hairloss is causing depression. My scalp is sore and itchy. I notice my scalp feels inflamed and there are tiny wee spots/bumps all over my scalp.

If you do think anti deppression tablets would work, is it going to clear up the spots and bumps??

So you think its just a different steriod i need, tried benovate! Trying some medical coal tar now (Alpha something)

Shittyhair

Reaction score
Update:

I got my hair cut today, and while i was there my heart ju sank to the floor. I have gone from a NW1,5 to a NW3 in under a year! :( That's pritty sick!

giggsy

Established Member
Reaction score

I use Aropax..I think they call it paxil in the states.

jikslee is an idiot- Dont listen to this fool. If he had any brains he would no that anti-depressants are used in hospitals to cure chronic pain. The scalp problems you have are linked to your nervous system- Just like any pain. Give the anti-dpressants a try. They cured my condition within 2 months.