Why do doctors ...

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
docj077 said:
I think the worst part is that doctors fail to recognize the link between hair loss and numerous other disease processes. In a healthy male it can be linked to predisposition to prostate cancer. In a person with insane sugar intakes, it can be linked to hyperinsulinemia and even future diabetes. In a person with a possible predisposition to autoimmune disorders, it can signal t-cell modulation or even upregulation with a resulting fibrosis of the hair follicle.

Those aren't the only diseases and many others like heart disease, numerous parasitic infections, etc. can also be linked.

It's not a laughing matter, because it's a blatant outward sign that something just might be wrong. Not during the doctor visit, but in the future.

That's why I can't believe there are aren't better treatments and that insurance companies don't cover it. It's clear that the body is telling the doctor something when a male or female is going bald.

i'm not so sure going bald is such a big sign that there is anything wrong with u. it means your hair follicles are genetically sensitive to androgen hormones. can't really see the link between that and bad health.

docj077

Reaction score
MPBWarrior said:
docj077 said:
I think the worst part is that doctors fail to recognize the link between hair loss and numerous other disease processes. In a healthy male it can be linked to predisposition to prostate cancer. In a person with insane sugar intakes, it can be linked to hyperinsulinemia and even future diabetes. In a person with a possible predisposition to autoimmune disorders, it can signal t-cell modulation or even upregulation with a resulting fibrosis of the hair follicle.

Those aren't the only diseases and many others like heart disease, numerous parasitic infections, etc. can also be linked.

It's not a laughing matter, because it's a blatant outward sign that something just might be wrong. Not during the doctor visit, but in the future.

That's why I can't believe there are aren't better treatments and that insurance companies don't cover it. It's clear that the body is telling the doctor something when a male or female is going bald.

i'm not so sure going bald is such a big sign that there is anything wrong with u. it means your hair follicles are genetically sensitive to androgen hormones. can't really see the link between that and bad health.

Not bad health, but genetic predispostion to many different ailments can be linked to balding. That's all I'm saying.