Why do doctors ...

pratc

Established Member
Reaction score
Why do they always dismiss treatments like the big 3? They must read studies and have studied various factors.

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
Doctors are so hit and miss. The last time was a horrible experience for me, she basically laughed at me. They just don't see hairloss as a problem, or as she said 'there is nothing you can do about it', For the most part I think they are pretty misinformed!

CCS

Reaction score
my general practitioner know about propecia, and strongly adviced I get on it, but she had never heard of avodart, probably because she works on a college campus and never deals with BHP men.

but as for the big three, i wonder why it is not the big 4, when tricomin grew as much hair as minoxidil in an FDA phaseII trial. Everyone on here keeps saying "big 3, big 3" instead of "big 4, big 4". Is it because tricomin is expensive?

htownballa

Established Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
my general practitioner know about propecia, and strongly adviced I get on it, but she had never heard of avodart, probably because she works on a college campus and never deals with BHP men.

but as for the big three, i wonder why it is not the big 4, when tricomin grew as much hair as minoxidil in an FDA phaseII trial. Everyone on here keeps saying "big 3, big 3" instead of "big 4, big 4". Is it because tricomin is expensive?

The tricomin they used in the trials was a different concentration. We can only speculate if the version they released to the public as nearly as effective

powersam

Reaction score
alright tchekov, dont go to a doctor ever again then. we'll see how long you last. had your appendix out yet you moron?

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
powersam said:
alright tchekov, dont go to a doctor ever again then. we'll see how long you last. had your appendix out yet you moron?

he ll goto a cockroach :)

NYVic20

Established Member
Reaction score
Because alot of them are bald themselves and are jealous they didnt have those treatment options back in the day :lol:

CCS

Reaction score
NYVic20 said:
Because alot of them are bald themselves and are jealous they didnt have those treatment options back in the day :lol:

i totally agree, especially the ones who are still 35. Hell I'm 26 and propecia did not come out until i was at least a NW2. and that is the oldest treatment, besides rogaine which does not interfer with male pattern baldness. Look at all the many new treatments we have now.

I'm sure a 33 year old Doctor who just got out of med school thinks he should be dating the 23 year old woman you are with, and hopes you will got bald like him so his money can win her over.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
I'm sure a 33 year old Doctor who just got out of med school thinks he should be dating the 23 year old woman you are with, and hopes you will got bald like him so his money can win her over.

College, you can be a really bright guy - but you manufacture some really goofy, paranoid sh*t about what women and others think!

CCS

Reaction score
I'm not saying they are all like that. I'm just saying it could explain why a few discourage men from using propecia, and don't know about tricomin or nizoral.

bubka

Reaction score
yeah thats it, and he probably does not want you to keep your body in physical shape and eat healthy too for the same reasons...

what is up man?

Phillip

Established Member
Reaction score
hairwegoagain said:

College, you can be a really bright guy - but you manufacture some really goofy, paranoid $#iT about what women and others think!

Im pretty sure he was joking around.

mu0325

Established Member
Reaction score
i went to a doctor to get my medication for my scalp psorasis and i told him that i am loosing my hair and he told me about propecia and rogaine, he told that he himself is usnig propecia and i asked him if it is working for him he said it stopped the lose for sure after six months use and he told me you have to take pictures to compare....

CCS

Reaction score
bubka said:
yeah thats it, and he probably does not want you to keep your body in physical shape and eat healthy too for the same reasons...

what is up man?

yeah, i guess you are right. they do seem to care about getting people in shape even though it means less business for them later. I guess my propecia theory is wrong. I have not met any doctors who are against propecia. I was just speculating based on the people on this site who said their doctors were very against propecia, and the ones who recommended hair transplants. i guess I don't know enough about each individual guy's situation.

bubka

Reaction score
unless they are a right wing "christian" wacko, most dr apply the Hippocratic oath to the furthest extent

i am dating a 4th year dental student who refused to pull out some teeth on someone who wanted them out because it was not need and emalgums (sic) would work just fine

sure some don't see male pattern baldness as a real sickness or something that needs to be treated like cancer, but most know that it part of treating the entire body, and the other negatives that go along with it... probably more so with older MDs

abcdefg

Reaction score
Doctors are NOT the supreme authority on hairloss, they arent even close. Really you need to doctor shop to find one that even takes it seriously or knows anything about hairloss because most are very clueless.

docj077

Reaction score
I think the worst part is that doctors fail to recognize the link between hair loss and numerous other disease processes. In a healthy male it can be linked to predisposition to prostate cancer. In a person with insane sugar intakes, it can be linked to hyperinsulinemia and even future diabetes. In a person with a possible predisposition to autoimmune disorders, it can signal t-cell modulation or even upregulation with a resulting fibrosis of the hair follicle.

Those aren't the only diseases and many others like heart disease, numerous parasitic infections, etc. can also be linked.

It's not a laughing matter, because it's a blatant outward sign that something just might be wrong. Not during the doctor visit, but in the future.

That's why I can't believe there are aren't better treatments and that insurance companies don't cover it. It's clear that the body is telling the doctor something when a male or female is going bald.

biglemoncoke

Established Member
Reaction score
they probably don't want you to come back whining "my dick is limp, my semen are watery"