Why cant i live in the present?

shaf

Reaction score
Why can't I live in the present and forget about the fact that I am bald? I always have to wear hats outside because im so uncomfortable at people staring at me.
I'm not really good looking and balding just makes it worse. My head is proportionally bigger than normal size heads. Which doesn't help when your balding cause people stare at you weird. I just wish I could have good looks or have hair just one thing.. Is it selfish of me to ask for just my hair back? 50 year olds with full heads of hair. It's just not fair and it makes me really depressed I got the bad end of the stick. I feel like my life was doomed to be a failure and bad luck.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Newsflash: Life aint fair :whistle:

kejan

Established Member
Reaction score
You have to find a way to move on. It's difficult and hard and yeah like SAF said life is not fair but you need to find some peace and try and move on.

You will instantly regret these years of staying in and worrying about your hairloss.

Experiment with your hair - try different styles,cuts, products and even wigs if you feel confident wearing something like that. If you have a receding hairline even NW3 - you can grow it a bit longer on top - 2/3inches and keep the sides short similar to a high and tight cut but a bit longer at the sides and on top.

Even try shaving it off if you want. It will grow back and if you live under hats right now, what's the difference? Test out your head shaved and see if you like it?

Hairloss is a b**ch, I agree but don't let it take over your life. We only get one chance and go out and have fun.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
:agree:

hey Hiya, how are you doing? have you start shaving completely already? how is looks right now?
and btw, have you considered wearing a wig? just curious because i remember you were saying something about that long time ago...

kejan

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Ori,

How are you? Are you completly slick bald with a razor or razoring with a shaver to a 1,2 level

I tried a wig but I only lasted 12hrs in it. I was absolutly paranoid wearing it - I remember coming out of the hairsalon and onto the busy city street and staring at everyone who walked past me seeing if they looked at my hair. I probably looked like a psycho - I went into a cafe as I missed my train and ordered a lager and the lights were very bright in there, and I felt pretty nervous that someone would see it. Paranoid to say the least in general, haha.
I lasted I think 12hrs with it on before I took it off and shaved it with a razor.

I've not ruled out wearing, but I dunno if my lifestyle, personality would allow me to cope with one. I run 5/6x a week , walk and generally quite active and even with the 12hrs I wore I felt a bit like it was coming off at the front (it probably wasn't).

I've shaved for about 8months upto April from September time and I was reasonably fine with it. I'm a NW3 so I thought I might try grow my hair in and see what I can 'do' with it. I got fed up of concealers and the NW3 because of wind, rain etc - but I had a moptop with long hair at the sides. I never had shortish hair, so now I've seen myself totally bald and with short hair I'm comfortable with it and I'll try keeping the sides short and some hair on top - see how that looks but if it looks bad or I'm even more diffused and it takes a 1hr or so to get ready and concealer all over the pillows etc - I'll go back to shaving and have to acept my fate I suppose.

Sorry for the long story haha, but how about you? I remember reading you were considering shaving but waiting for summer so you can tan up a bit? Are you NW3? Have you considered growing the top in a bit and then keeping the sides short?

Cheers man, take care.

Hiya.

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
Help im baldin said:
it makes me really depressed I got the bad end of the stick. I feel like my life was doomed to be a failure and bad luck.

Some people feel that they are too short, too fat, too stupid, or that they have a big head, small head, small dick, small tits, etc.. everyone has some sort of insecurity.

I know balding could be a major insecurity, but try to come to terms with it.

Balding is not even my biggest insecurity. I'm terrified of underachieving or not reaching my full potential in life, balding is nothing compared to that.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I see you had some good times with the piece :) personally i wouldnt go that route just because it seems like such hassle... adjusting it.. styling it, worrying about it CONSTANTLY, just dont have power for all this. but if you like it then i say do it and feel great!

Give the the hair style a go, what do you got to lose.. grow it on top alittle if you have enough density on top you can pull it off ( like Jude Law's hairstyles before it went all thin... he managed to cover it well).

Yes i got some tan, it does make a difference, and i tried bulking up, but i dont have time right now due to exams and all that, plus i have to put extra work and time at the gym because my ectomorphic shape. ill get back to it soon with full power, i really LOVE to gain few more kilos of muscle.
im not sure about the razor thing at that point, still about nw3-4 pattern and thinned really bad, keeping it short looks good right now, cant grow it but i like the stubble on my head so i m to enjoy my remaining follicles until they all gone!! :)

HairLust

Reaction score
I used to be all doom and gloom as well, but then I got a decent hairpiece and now I look about 8 years younger and feel like the king of the world.

kejan

Established Member
Reaction score
Good that you feel reasonably happy with a shaved head, Ori. I'm assuming tha's you in th avatar, and you look good there.

To the original poster, I've always said this but try not to dwell on the past. It's hard at times especially if you see an old photo.
I used to walk about with hats, beanies and was very paranoid about it.

Nothng major happened apart from one day, I was going to put a hat on and just thought to myself that I cannot be bothered with this. Hiding from myself or what other people think of me. So what, if I'm balding and they can see that and my large forehead.

Almost a 'penny dropped' type moment.

My confidence was all shot to hell from constant paranoia of someone taking my hat off or if I was in a place with a hat on and being the only person there and the general living as a slave under it. Quite literally getting up and reaching for it as if someone reaches for glasses.

northnorth

Reaction score
i do the same thing. i had nice thick hair and girls loved it. they would run their hands through it and i always kept it stylin'. i wish it would grow back

f*** it, thats the way things are. this sh*t ain't no motherfucking fairytale. this is life bruh. the only way to keep it or grow back is throwing money into it. at the end of the day, it proves that you have self esteem issues. saying that, i would do anything for my hair to come back yo

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
in relation to dudemons story I would like to say a big f*** YOU to male pattern baldness!

f*** YOU YOU SHITTY GENETIC FAULT IN THE HUMAN RACE DESTROYING LIVES

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
dudemon's story makes me want to kill myself. :(

How did you get the scars dudemon? I also have some recently developed scars due to an automimmune disorder.

HPM, it isnt just male pattern baldness, general lack of aesthetics is very demoralizing.

I recently heard a quote on a tv show: "is it so wrong to want some human contact". True that, true that.

Dudemon, how do you avoid STDs with hookers?

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
well male pattern baldness means different things to different people.

i mean ther are people with REAL deformities out there.

some people look good bald like UCMan.

but - im guesing- that dudemon is in a similar categoriy to me where my hairloss problem is soo bad, female human contact is just out of question.

so he has bad hairloss and is generally ugly with facial problems as he says anyway but he is tall which is a + but it doesnt help matters.

for me im just average looking but baldness destroys my face massively and im really short and turns me into an E.T. type person look alike

so i think male pattern baldness can really f*** up people whos only humane like thing about them and the only thing holding there face or worth together was their hair.

but i truly think that 90% of male pattern baldness people actually get on fine, its just very odd cases that f*** us over, esp. in dudemons case becuase it was in his 20s he HAD to do horshoe.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
HairPieceMan said:
some people look good bald like UCMan.

Yeah, I look alright for being a "fake bald" beard compensator, right HPM?
:roll:

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
yes exactly, you and I are very lucky to live in this time and obtain a socailly acceptable compromise to the dreaded horshoe.

if you had horshoe (that all bald men had pre 1990s) you'd be a laughing stock.

as would vin diesel etc.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
dudemon said:
2) quicker (you're 'in and out' :mrgreen:)

What is the fun in being quick :mrgreen: