why can't i get a healthy scalp?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeffsss

Reaction score
i think a healthy scalp would help my hair loss a lot.

I've been to a derm.. suggested neutrogena T-gel.. done it.

then went back and got Olux percription#.. did nothing.. my scalp is contstantnly tender and itchy. it hurts.

I wash my hair daily. I dont know what to do!!!!!!
???????????????????????????????????????????????

bubka

Reaction score
do you put in any products? or use a conditioner?

i rarely use conditioner, think sometimes it can irritate, also just use american crew fiber / matte / gell producs, nothing that is really wet and actually touches the scalp

docj077

Reaction score
Go out and buy some baby shampoo and use it as your main source for hair cleansing from now on. Also, do not put any gel or any other styling product in your hair.

I wouldn't even use Nizoral or T-gel if they haven't given you results in the inflammation department as they should if you have seborrheic dermatitis unless it's too severe.

You need to remove everything from your scalp that could potentially be an irritant. I don't know what you're using as a topical, but do not put it on or near areas that are inflammed, itchy, or sore.

You're last option is using dutasteride instead of finasteride.

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
Surely his second to last option is minoxidil, then dutasteride?

Dude are u sure its not just that you worry about it alot? It might be that u notice an itch, and then keep toutching it, which leads to pain, which leads you to keep toutching that.

How about for a few days just not toutching your scalp, or putting any products on, then see how it feels?

jeffsss

Reaction score
I'm not using any topicals.

anyone think i should get a water softner?

no it's not my imagination. and it's not from me touching it. I dont touch it and it is tender all day! :!:

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
try the scalp exercises below. they increase the blood flow to the scalp which drains away waste products and other things leaving your scalp unhealty. they also stimulate the cells in your scalp, incluiding your hair follicles. the more u do them, the more benefit you'll get.

docj077

Reaction score
chino20 said:

Dude are u sure its not just that you worry about it alot? It might be that u notice an itch, and then keep toutching it, which leads to pain, which leads you to keep toutching that.

How about for a few days just not toutching your scalp, or putting any products on, then see how it feels?

If his scalp is irritated so easily, then minoxidil will only make it worse. If he has seborrheic dermatitis, the 5AR type I inhibition ability of dutasteride will decrease sebum production in his scalp, prevent the build up of inflammatory fatty acids secondary to bacterial metabolism, and stop all signs of inflammation. Pretty much any topical would be a bad idea.

abcdefg

Reaction score
do u use propecia? I have the same problem and I have a serious hunch that propecia would help stop my head from itching, but no medical professional seems to agree so Im still unsure about it.

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
docj077 said:
chino20 said:

If his scalp is irritated so easily, then minoxidil will only make it worse. If he has seborrheic dermatitis, the 5AR type I inhibition ability of dutasteride will decrease sebum production in his scalp, prevent the build up of inflammatory fatty acids secondary to bacterial metabolism, and stop all signs of inflammation. Pretty much any topical would be a bad idea.

true, point taken lol

Jacob

Reaction score
Suggestions(not recommendations..I don't recommend things)... shower filter...gentle, natural shampoos....Internals that help with inflammation..(GliSODin, krill oil or fish oil, any # of combos available by searching "Inflammation" at Iherb.com etc).topicals such as Equisomin(Elsom Research..contains no alcohol or pg) or maybe Inflamil(Lipoxidil).

ronaldkia

Established Member
Reaction score
ill tell you why.. ask yourself? do you do 30 minutes aerobics exercise 3 times a week plus do you eat at least 1 grams of protein per lbs of bodyweight? you are what you eat brother. so if your scalp is unhealthy, that means your eating unhealthy, plus no doing your cadio.

bubka

Reaction score
ronaldkia said:
ill tell you why.. ask yourself? do you do 30 minutes aerobics exercise 3 times a week plus do you eat at least 1 grams of protein per lbs of bodyweight? you are what you eat brother. so if your scalp is unhealthy, that means your eating unhealthy, plus no doing your cadio.
:freaked: wacko alert
f*** head in shoulders, people need to just workout more, you never say a marathon runner have to use those types of shampoos, it just does not happen :lol:

ronaldkia

Established Member
Reaction score
Ill make a bet with you. Ask Matt Hasselback, Michael Jordan, Zinedine Zidane, Georges Foreman, Nasser El Sonboty, Marc Coleman, Charles Barkley, Mats Sundin, Bryan Smolinski if at the time when their hairs were really thin...were they on high protein diet along with cardio?? some of them went on it afterwards... but if one of them tells you that yes they were on high protein diet with cardio at time they were starting to thin... then ill give you 1 million dollars.

bubka

Reaction score
ronaldkia said:
Ill make a bet with you. Ask Matt Hasselback, Michael Jordan, Zinedine Zidane, Georges Foreman, Nasser El Sonboty, Marc Coleman, Charles Barkley, Mats Sundin, Bryan Smolinski if at the time when their hairs were really thin...were they on high protein diet along with cardio?? some of them went on it afterwards... but if one of them tells you that yes they were on high protein diet with cardio at time they were starting to thin... then ill give you 1 million dollars.
yeah, i am going to make a bet with an idiot who actually believes this based on what??? NOTHING, the simple fact that you are doing the 12 year old "1 million dollar" bet says enough about your thinking

G

ronaldkia said:

Make it 100 trillion dollars and you've got a deal.

No seriously, I know someone who works for the Seahawks and maybe they could ask Hasselbeck. But I know you won't pay up.

bubka

Reaction score
f that man, i have a billion i will put up, Dr. Atkins only ate protein, and he was half balled, though i guess he should be totally balled, that high protein saved him from being an NW7

G

bubka said:
f that man, i have a billion i will put up, Dr. Atkins only ate protein, and he was half balled, though i guess he should be totally balled, that high protein saved him from being an NW7

sh*t i eat 200 grams of protein a day and do cardio as well, yet i am balding. couple cans of tuna, couple chicken breasts, couple protein shakes, etc. it adds up.

bubka

Reaction score
coming soon to a post near your... ronaldkia posts how hormones in meats can cause baldness

ronaldkia " have you ever noticed how guys who eat steak and ribs a few times a week are always going bald?"

s.a.f

Reaction score
That 1 gram of protein per 1lb of bodyweight rule is for serious athletes only. Unless you train (hard) everyday you dont need it. Most of the population gets by on less than half of that.
(So presumably they will all go bald?)

By the way Micheal Jordan lives down my street so does Zidane, next time I see one of them putting the garbage out I'll ask them ok? (dickhead)