Why "bald beggers " is rare species? Needs study!

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
When is see homeless people,beggers who lives a street life I see very rare people are bald .in fact beggars are not bad at all. most of the Baggers I have seen so far where not bald or had very little baldness.
I think it is something with keeping hairs not washed for many days or months. which will make it more strong in someway. also beggars lives prehistoric like life so they may have that benefit.what say? Did you have same observation?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most of them are younger than they appear. Also we see a very small fraction of the homeless population.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
And I can assure you they don't live a healthier lifestyle than other spectra of the population. More exposure to polluted air and fewer food choices in general. Stress may play a role but I don't understand how a homeless individual could be less stressed than someone with shelter and nutrition. I rather lose my hair than everything else, to be honest, should be tough hopefully we can find a way for them to have shelter and food.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
The bald homeless have all died out because society would not give them any change, that's why the homeless gene only appears in full haired people.

TurboFixer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i don't think its actually that rare my friend
1603659397229.png

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s selection bias. You notice it more because you don’t expect it since you correlate unhealthy with bald.

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
kind of related. But honestly, all the studies showing why men have higher suicide rates overlook that balding is a major issue for most and they prefer not to show it publically so it isn't recorded as a major driver. Yes, there are a lot of factors that contribute to this statistic but look at the people on this forum. Bald = suicidal.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
kind of related. But honestly, all the studies showing why men have higher suicide rates overlook that balding is a major issue for most and they prefer not to show it publically so it isn't recorded as a major driver. Yes, there are a lot of factors that contribute to this statistic but look at the people on this forum. Bald = suicidal.
I would say that lasts for a few years but not forever. Once you’re stuck in a situation for a few years as a matter of survival you stop feeling despair like you did before. There’s always going to be that underlying frustration but the feelings are definitely deadened after a while. Plus balding is less shameful when you’re older

there’s a reason most of the forum users from the early 2000s aren’t here anymore, and it’s not suicide.

Norwood-null-by-2021

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The reason could be because alcoholics produce high levels of prostaglandin E1:

PGE1 works against calcification, dilates blood vessels similar to minoxidil. You will have noticed that alcoholics generally have dilated blood vessels.

Alcohol also relaxes muscles, and high muscle tone leads to vasocontruction.

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
Homeless people don't get haircuts. If they're in the earlier stages, it won't be visible. I've seen several bald homeless guys, but none were fully shaven or NW6-7

Poppyburner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes! Fasting may be beneficial.also sunlight, daily walks of long distance could be the cause .

'Now hair's a funny thing, this man is 80!​

By NICK MCDERMOTT FOR MAILONLINE
UPDATED: 02:24, 27 December 2008

1604467555936.png

When strangers mistake him for a man 30 years younger, Ron Williamson doesn't turn a hair.
He explains that he is in fact 80 - but his luxuriant dark-brown mane refuses to show any sign of age.
The secret of his follicular success, he claims, is two fold - good genes and a healthy blob of his favourite hair cream.
'I have used Brylcreem all my life,' said Mr Williamson, a former social worker, at his home in Harrogate, North Yorkshire.
'I even used my dad's when I was tiny. I have kept the same hairstyle more or less through the years.
'There were a couple of times I tried to change it. In the days of mods and rockers I attempted to slick it back, but within hours it popped up again.
'Most people assume I am younger than I am because my hair is still dark. They say I am in my 50s or 60s, but I think they are just being kind.
'My beard is greying now, but that only started three or four years ago.'
Images of Mr Williamson throughout his life show him with the same full head of dark hair.
Mr Williamson, a father of four and grandfather of nine, said: 'I honestly don't know what the secret is, but I think it's good genes.
'My father and grandfather both had a full head of hair in their late years. Four years ago I had treatment for prostate cancer which included chemotherapy. I lost all my body hair but not the hair on my head, which was strange.'
Mr Williamson, who has been married to Maureen for 34 years. He is a keen walker and last year fulfilled an ambition by travelling south to complete the entire Thames Path, covering almost 200 miles over 16 days without aid or back-up.

article-1102017-02E58EE8000005DC-31_224x328.jpg
article-1102017-02E58EE4000005DC-248_224x328.jpg

It is estimated that four in five men in their 80s suffer from some degree of baldness.

Keith Hobbs, clinical director of the Battersea Scalp and Hair Clinic, said: 'He is certainly doing pretty well to have a full head of hair and not be looking grey. It's pretty rare for someone his age, but it seems like both his parents gave him very good genes.
'As for keeping his head hair during chemotherapy, the amount of loss depends on the drug used, the dose, and the person's individual reaction to it.
'Sometimes the hair loss is so slight as to be hardly noticeable.''

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score

'Now hair's a funny thing, this man is 80!​

By NICK MCDERMOTT FOR MAILONLINE
UPDATED: 02:24, 27 December 2008

View attachment 150142

When strangers mistake him for a man 30 years younger, Ron Williamson doesn't turn a hair.
He explains that he is in fact 80 - but his luxuriant dark-brown mane refuses to show any sign of age.
The secret of his follicular success, he claims, is two fold - good genes and a healthy blob of his favourite hair cream.
'I have used Brylcreem all my life,' said Mr Williamson, a former social worker, at his home in Harrogate, North Yorkshire.
'I even used my dad's when I was tiny. I have kept the same hairstyle more or less through the years.
'There were a couple of times I tried to change it. In the days of mods and rockers I attempted to slick it back, but within hours it popped up again.
'Most people assume I am younger than I am because my hair is still dark. They say I am in my 50s or 60s, but I think they are just being kind.
'My beard is greying now, but that only started three or four years ago.'
Images of Mr Williamson throughout his life show him with the same full head of dark hair.
Mr Williamson, a father of four and grandfather of nine, said: 'I honestly don't know what the secret is, but I think it's good genes.
'My father and grandfather both had a full head of hair in their late years. Four years ago I had treatment for prostate cancer which included chemotherapy. I lost all my body hair but not the hair on my head, which was strange.'
Mr Williamson, who has been married to Maureen for 34 years. He is a keen walker and last year fulfilled an ambition by travelling south to complete the entire Thames Path, covering almost 200 miles over 16 days without aid or back-up.

View attachment 150143View attachment 150144

It is estimated that four in five men in their 80s suffer from some degree of baldness.

Keith Hobbs, clinical director of the Battersea Scalp and Hair Clinic, said: 'He is certainly doing pretty well to have a full head of hair and not be looking grey. It's pretty rare for someone his age, but it seems like both his parents gave him very good genes.
'As for keeping his head hair during chemotherapy, the amount of loss depends on the drug used, the dose, and the person's individual reaction to it.
'Sometimes the hair loss is so slight as to be hardly noticeable.''

Very similar to my father's case, expcet he went grey but only in his mid 60s. At 70 he was a full head with a juvenile hairline. People thought he was 45-50

Netsky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say that lasts for a few years but not forever. Once you’re stuck in a situation for a few years as a matter of survival you stop feeling despair like you did before. There’s always going to be that underlying frustration but the feelings are definitely deadened after a while. Plus balding is less shameful when you’re older

there’s a reason most of the forum users from the early 2000s aren’t here anymore, and it’s not suicide.
Good Post