Why Are Younger Men Told Off When Showing Interest In finasteride/dutasteride

BeyonSalvage

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are younger men usually told off when contemplating starting dutasteride/finasteride? By young men I mean men in the 17-20 year mark. Is there a scientific reason behind why they're usually told to wait until they're at the very least 21-22, also if you were to start at 17-19 - would that be foolish or somewhat low inhib?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
The general argument is because of DHT's role in development, as generally the male body continues to fill out into the early 20's

Johnt1997

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are younger men usually told off when contemplating starting dutasteride/finasteride? By young men I mean men in the 17-20 year mark. Is there a scientific reason behind why they're usually told to wait until they're at the very least 21-22, also if you were to start at 17-19 - would that be foolish or somewhat low inhib?
I don't think it's something you really need to worry about. I mean if you are 16-17 or a late bloomer then perhaps you should hold off on finasteride. However, most guys are all but fully developed at 18-19. I started when I was 19 and I already had decent facial and body hair, etc.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

Finasteride increases estrogen, a hormone that dissolves the growth plates between the bones. They may end up shorter, with narrower wrists, etc.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
The amount of fear mongering for finasteride is out of hand. I watched Youtube videos from guys on finasteride and half of the comments are anti-finasteride guys making fun of the video maker (e.g., "Have fun when your dick falls off" etc.). Like I know and understand that some people DO get sides on finasteride, however most guys won't.

I lurk the Reddit Hair Loss subreddit here and there; it's absolutely hilarious. Posters stopping other guys from trying finasteride to instead try """"""natural remedies.""""" Lots of cope threads with the bullshit "hair loss isn't that bad" lines. Guys posting their shaven heads that look objectively bad with posters saying "Looks good mang you look really handsome!"

Last edited:

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
The amount of fear mongering for finasteride is out of hand. I watched Youtube videos from guys on finasteride and half of the comments are anti-finasteride guys making fun of the video maker (e.g., "Have fun when your dick falls off" etc.). Like I know and understand that some people DO get sides on finasteride, however most guys won't.

I lurk the Reddit Hair Loss subreddit here and there; it's absolutely hilarious. Posters stopping other guys from trying finasteride to instead try """"""natural remedies.""""" Lots of cope threads with the bullshit "hair loss isn't that bad" lines. Guys posting their shaven heads that look objectively bad with posters saying "Looks good mang you look really handsome!"

You are going too aggressive.

Stop attacking those who says Finasteride causes erectile dysfunction.
Their Penis(It's a medical term..chill) is controlled by their mind and body and not by others.
We have no right to argue on that.

By the way..I can also counter challenge you to
take Finasteride and forget about hairloss.

Why are you nervous about hair loss if you have Finasteride as a Weapon.

Don't advertise Finasteride as a "wonder drug" that can stop hairloss completely and those who rejects it are worthless.

If you are genetically coded for norwood 6 starting from age like mine(age 15/16)
even 3650 tablets of Finasteride won't help you to stay at Norwood 1 in a span of 10 years.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are going too aggressive.

Stop attacking those who says Finasteride causes erectile dysfunction.
Their Penis(It's a medical term..chill) is controlled by their mind and body and not by others.
We have no right to argue on that.

By the way..I can also counter challenge you to
take Finasteride and forget about hairloss.

Why are you nervous about hair loss if you have Finasteride as a Weapon.

Don't advertise Finasteride as a "wonder drug" that can stop hairloss completely and those who rejects it are worthless.

If you are genetically coded for norwood 6 starting from age like mine(age 15/16)
even 3650 tablets of Finasteride won't help you to stay at Norwood 1 in a span of 10 years.

I'm attacking them by saying that most guys don't get sides on finasteride? Sure finasteride isn't a perfect drug but it works well in most men.

EDIT: The ones that I AM attacking are the ones that aggressive rip on others for being on finasteride.

Like comments on this video.

Seeker988

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm attacking them by saying that most guys don't get sides on finasteride? Sure finasteride isn't a perfect drug but it works well in most men.

EDIT: The ones that I AM attacking are the ones that aggressive rip on others for being on finasteride.

Like comments on this video.
Dave,would love to see the current condition of your hair.

Seeker988

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
The f*** dave.. why are you even on finasteride? You're the same as me density and hairline wise and I'm not balding as per my derm who performed a miniaturization study on me as well as many members over here.

I got my hair loss confirmed by a derm. Lurk that thread I have some pictures of my hair prior to finasteride in there.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got my hair loss confirmed by a derm. Lurk that thread I have some pictures of my hair prior to finasteride in there.

You must have had a very low hairline:

1408811541358.jpg

Chromedome1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just saw said thread & your baseline pics... LMAO you consider that hair loss? Or a dermatologist no less? Geez, that Doctor needs his medical license revoked if he considers that hair loss. Jesus Christ man. No offense to you, but it's just mind boggling. Be glad you never truly had to go through this.

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm the picture perfect example of a low test beta though so it doesn't matter.

It does matter in the context of what could possible motivate you to frequent this site though.

Maybe head over to bodybuilding.com forums. Get that test up.

Or even better, do crash and burn solo clubbing till you make it. Shookwun style.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lol if you have NW1/ confirmed no male pattern baldness why would you even be here?
also as far as finasteride is concerned, I have taken spironolactone, finasteride, and even small oestrogen doses and my dick still worked fine (though it decreased my desire from 1 a day to 1 every 3 days, and i no longer felt as big an "urge" after seeing a nice booty)
so if people have these catastrophic sexual sides from finasteride alone, tbh, I think it is all in their heads, they are imagining it and getting all worked up.