Why are people using oral Minoxidil?

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What’s your regimen if you don’t mind me asking?

7% minoxidil, azelaic acid, retinol, caffeine, adenosine, biotin, niacinamide, 2.5% RU, .5 dutasteride, Micro-needling 1.2mm weekly with castor oil after needling.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, it just mess with you health, so who care, right ?
You’re messing with your health with finasteride, topical min, microneedling, etc. all have the risk for sides.

There are multiple studies showing low dose oral min is safe: https://bunker4.zlibcdn.com/dtoken/2ee755842613aeafc1c4463d819bc903

It may have some adverse effects like extra body hair, but only 2% experienced a fast heart rate.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
I was thinking of using oral minoxidil (maybe 2.5 mg daily) for the before and after period of a hair transplant (maybe 2 weeks pre and post op).

Is this advisable? I would be more comfortable doing this than stopping cold turkey even for the in between period, as I've seen too many stories of people pausing minoxidil and having terrible sheds.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re messing with your health with finasteride, topical min, microneedling, etc. all have the risk for sides.

There are multiple studies showing low dose oral min is safe: https://bunker4.zlibcdn.com/dtoken/2ee755842613aeafc1c4463d819bc903

It may have some adverse effects like extra body hair, but only 2% experienced a fast heart rate.
Lol, what you are saying have no sense at all. It like say that you want to cross the street with your eyes close, cause close the street is risky anyway.
About "multiple studies " that is false. There is not a single study done on long term, and in fact , it is not longer prescribed as hypertension drug cause the side effects.
Use it topically is really safe , not oral .
And yes, Finasteride oral isn't also a good idea.

Hairbuhbyetears

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are there any women on here with Androgenetic Alopecia using oral minoxidil? I’m up to 1.875 mg w 5%topical foam and I’m still not seeing any results. Been on the oral for 8 months. Did foam alone for 1.5 years w no noticeable results.