Why am I balding at 14?

Annonimous103

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know the title says 14 but I’ve first noticed it as soon as I started puberty. I’m barley halfway in my teenage years so why is this happening to me this early? I have really thick hair so the thinning looks so obvious and I’ve been called out multiple times because of it. My hair is getting smaller and smaller on my temples and its killing my confidence. Is there any way to stop, reverse, or slow it down apart from minoxidil and finasteride. I’ve tried home remedies like putting onion juice on my scalp and so far nothing. I massage my scalp every chance I get ever since I was 13 and as you can see nothing happened. I told my doctor as soon as I noticed and she said that it looks fine when it obviously doesn’t. My scalp feels itchy almost all the time, I’m forced to not where a hoodie or a cap at school so I can’t hide it. Every time I run my hand through my hair it feels so thin to the point where stresses me out (which I heard can cause hair loss) PLS HELP

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 181774View attachment 181775
View attachment 181776
I know the title says 14 but I’ve first noticed it as soon as I started puberty. I’m barley halfway in my teenage years so why is this happening to me this early? I have really thick hair so the thinning looks so obvious and I’ve been called out multiple times because of it. My hair is getting smaller and smaller on my temples and its killing my confidence. Is there any way to stop, reverse, or slow it down apart from minoxidil and finasteride. I’ve tried home remedies like putting onion juice on my scalp and so far nothing. I massage my scalp every chance I get ever since I was 13 and as you can see nothing happened. I told my doctor as soon as I noticed and she said that it looks fine when it obviously doesn’t. My scalp feels itchy almost all the time, I’m forced to not where a hoodie or a cap at school so I can’t hide it. Every time I run my hand through my hair it feels so thin to the point where stresses me out (which I heard can cause hair loss) PLS HELP
Try minoxidil at least.

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stress can also cause hairloss and there are other causes of hairloss than androgens

A dermatologist can better tell you, could be a fungal infection

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Stress can also cause hairloss and there are other causes of hairloss than androgens

A dermatologist can better tell you, could be a fungal infection
Receeded hairline always means male pattern baldness nevertheless and is genetic.

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started going bald at 16, hopped on finasteride and minoxidil immediately and saved most of my hair. Currently 24. I know you're younger, but those 2 drugs are the only things that will save it if it's male pattern baldness (and it likely is) if it happened to me at 14, I would've hopped on the drugs regardless. But thats just me. No regrets.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started going bald at 16, hopped on finasteride and minoxidil immediately and saved most of my hair. Currently 24. I know you're younger, but those 2 drugs are the only things that will save it if it's male pattern baldness (and it likely is) if it happened to me at 14, I would've hopped on the drugs regardless. But thats just me. No regrets.
Micro penis

Dr sanches

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro he’s 14