Who's the oldest success-story here?

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
young people get the best results. Older people will maintain their hair but regrowth is rare

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
young people get the best results. Older people will maintain their hair but regrowth is rare

As an older guy, I agree with this. If I would have started treatment at the first signs of hair loss I would be in wayyyy better shape.

Reaction score
I started balding early by a early age but wasn't a good responder to medicine. And i see older guys that were good responders. So I really think it really come down to how your body reacts to the medicine. Because I've been on 1.25 of propecia for more than 7 month's havent even regrown anything. Oh well.......

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
Casperz is a good example that success isn't influenced by age.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
You don't necessarily have to be a young man to exhibit early signs of male pattern baldness. Maybe not "the norm", but still I've seen men in their mid thirties and up only beginning to show. So treatment for them should be as effective.

jamesrav2

Reaction score
I'm 53

You don't necessarily have to be a young man to exhibit early signs of male pattern baldness. Maybe not "the norm", but still I've seen men in their mid thirties and up only beginning to show. So treatment for them should be as effective.
I've pretty much done it all at this point: minoxidil 2% long ago (when it was like $40/bottle), very minor transplant to fill in widows peak, scalp reduction, brief stint with Propecia (definitely not for me), now a dedicated 1x a day 5% minoxidil user ... along with a word that is apparently frowned upon here despite a bonafide study showing it to be effective. The latter is (so far) proving to be quite a pleasant surprise, it will be interesting to see if this plateaus soon or keeps on showing slow but steady progress in bringing more darkness to the crown area. My apartment building has an elevator with mirrors on all sides, so it's pretty easy to see changes.

Jrthomas85

Reaction score
Personally, I think it is more accurate to say that "success" for most people will be maintenance, rather than saying that the degree of "success" is age related. The fact is that most people will maintain on finasteride/minoxidil than experience these aggressive positive results that the best responders will get. I'm a good example of that. I've maintained my hair for about 2.5 years now, but haven't really gained anything. That is by far the most common result that I've seen, in contrast to the lucky few who seem to get nearly a full head of hair back from a pretty bad looking progression of male pattern baldness.