Who will be the first to win the race?

Who will be the first to win the race?!

• Total voters

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Vote for which you think will first be available to mainstream baldies. I personally like the science of Aderans; I don't think they will be the first to come up with something but I like the idea of cloning horseshoe hairs. A lot of the others just seem to be some magic potion.

khali

Established Member
Reaction score
Acell has already proven to improve the quality of hair transplants.
All they need to do now is to finish the trials.

http://www.regrowshair.com/hair-loss-blo ... matristem/

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i can see Acell winning the race but not delivering a full head of hair
then histogen but still no full head of hair

IDK about ARI but they do have intercytex's technology and intercytex did manage to multiply hair just not efficiently enough to make a marketable product

as for trichoscience, they do have an ambitious target but their success depends on AR'Is failure

there is nothing to convince me that follica is still racing

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
khali said:

Yes but the question of how effective autocloning will be is yet to be seen. I wonder how long it will be until ACell is essentially mandatory to use in hair transplantation.

teenhandmodel

Reaction score
somone uk said:
IDK about ARI but they do have intercytex's technology and intercytex did manage to multiply hair just not efficiently enough to make a marketable product

there is an ARI trialist on another forum talking about his results. He is saying that in a 2.5 cm squared area where once there were ten hairs, there is now about thirty hairs. Apparently he is going in for another round of injections to grow more hair. And also, I think aderans are going to test more powerful formulations than the one used on this guy. IDK, Given these results, and the fact that aderans are all ready well into phase II, I think they might be on the forefront of a better solution.

Letac

Reaction score
Does anyone know when Aderans will be out with their results from the trials? Reading that they where in phase 2 of their trials... I guess that means that they should have some news in the near future?

Anyone?

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
they predict that in 2014 they will be ready to lunch the product on market!!!
histogen are predicting that in 2013!
finger crossed!

by the way the guy who was talking about the person involved in trials...where is that thread? thanks!

khali

Established Member
Reaction score
person said:
khali said:

Yes but the question of how effective autocloning will be is yet to be seen. I wonder how long it will be until ACell is essentially mandatory to use in hair transplantation.

Its a one year trial. I don't have to much faith in auto cloning. However, if Acell can improve the thickness of hair grafts, and also heal donor scars then that's great news. It still doesn't recover the skins original pigment, but maybe one can tattoo that in.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
khali said:
person said:
khali said:

Its a one year trial. I don't have to much faith in auto cloning. However, if Acell can improve the thickness of hair grafts, and also heal donor scars then that's great news. It still doesn't recover the skins original pigment, but maybe one can tattoo that in.

It will be great if it can improve the thickness of grafts but what's the problem with FUE scarring; they are only tiny dots on your horseshoe no big deal. Yeah if ACell will just improve hair transplants this is still good as if a cure was garenteed soon I might try a hair transplant instead of bloody hair replacement.

khali

Established Member
Reaction score
person said:
It will be great if it can improve the thickness of grafts but what's the problem with FUE scarring; they are only tiny dots on your horseshoe no big deal. Yeah if ACell will just improve hair transplants this is still good as if a cure was garenteed soon I might try a hair transplant instead of bloody hair replacement.
Well that's the big deception. FUE is good for smaller areas. Also it is good if a person wants to modify the hair line. The problem with FUE is the doctors do guess work where they puncture the skin, and remove it. They are forced to do this since they cannot see the root. Also, the other problem is the grafts that come out of FUE are much thinner that FUT. All those Armani pictures you see online are taken in professional studios. Recall his older galleries where he supported FUT. The good hairlines with FUT only required about 2500 grafts whereas his FUE cases required 4000. Again once you extract 4000 through FUE you already reached the limit. Whereas as FUT has an average limit of 7000 grafts. Now imagine if the thickness level was changed with Acell.

As for results, I remember a couple years ago I was around a norwood 3. I took a picture at a banquet hall. When I saw the results with flash it looked like I had no hair loss problems at all. However, the same day I went to the washroom, and with all these bright lights my male pattern of baldness was exposed.

So far with FUT, the good doctors like Hasson & Wong have amazing results. However, they are so expensive. With FUE I was impressed with Dr Umar's work. However, if you really look into it, the picture show that its all thin hair.

As for bloody transplants, that's where Acell would kick in. Remember how the drug was first released ? It was discovered after a man cut his index finger, and then it grew back. Therefore, if Acell can heal a finger, it can surely heal a bloody transplant.

Personally for FUT transplants, I would only recommend the top doctors. Otherwise, I too against its just a bloody transplant.