Who? & Why?

SAMPSON

Reaction score
Okay Gentelmen,

I've been trying to make a decision for some time now. Since I started viewing this forum I was saved from Bosley and introduced to quite a few new names. I truely do appreciate all the input. Having said that, here is my next question. Of the following doctors (if you had your choice w/o regard to location or price) who would you choose and why-Alvi-Armani,Shapiro Medical,Feller,True, Katz, or someone else. I am A NW2 who is only concerned w/ restoration of the frontal hairline - mainly in the temporal region. In the world of baldness, I am a very minor case. This unfortunately does exempt me from be obsessed with it . I probably will only require around 500 grafts total from what I've been told. Please let me know what you guys honestly think about these doctors. Lastly, (and I wish I didn't have to say this-sorry to all you honest guys out there) if one of you is working for one of these guys in some covert way and are purposely posting false and misleading info on these forums for advertising and marketing purposes, please just this one time let only true and real opinions be posted. Thanks in advance to all who reply.

drury

Reaction score
Hey, Interesting post and I'm jst now thinking about possible transplant for the frontal hairline for much of the reason u described. 26 and things are too bad.....yet. but i'm very self concious as well. My question is who is good? who do u go to? is bosley not good? where do u go to find a good, reputable surgeon? the names u mentioned, where did u get em and who are they, how do i get a consulatation and whats the cost. Thanks Much...

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't really be able to suggest you go with any of those hair transplant surgeons as I don't know much about them. You just kind of have to do your own research(maybe go in for a consultation with a few of them if you are able to do that) and pick a doctor whom you feel will give you the best result for what you are willing to spend and how far you are willing to travel for the procedure.

fifty

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd recommend Shapiro or AlviArmani as the top 2 out of your list. Also consider Hasson&Wong & Dr. COle (Atlanta).

oliver

Reaction score
after seeing his patient in person i would recommend Dr Feller. His hairlines are totally natrual and authentic. he also provides FUE as well as strip and is not agressive in his design like other Doctor's.

if your interested in a hair transplant and your in the u.k you should honestly meet with specs. he's a hair transplant vet and very experienced and his results are astounding. I met him in London a few months back and he couldn't have been more informative.

Hes had work done by a number of surgeons and had consultations with nearly every hair transplant Doctor in the world thats worth his salt.

http://www.stophairlossnow.co.uk/Specs- ... splant.htm
good luck