Who wants my toupes?

CCS

Reaction score
Uncomfortableman gets first shot, since I feel sorry for him.

I'll mail them to you, just so you can get an idea of the quality. I know some of you are skeptical of buying when you don't know what these things are like. The odds of mine matching your head and hair are not likely, so you just get to put them on your forehead and look in the mirror. Not nearly as realistic or hidden as if it is attached propperly with a good fit, but you will get an idea.

If you have a big head and a NW4a, I'll give you a whole piece. Most baseball caps don't fit my head at all. They sit way up high and blow off, unless I get an adjustable one and open it as far as it will go. If you are some other Norwood, and other guys want a piece too, I might cut them in half so I can mail 4 out. I have light brown hair, which many women say is blond. Definitely darker than Brad Pit's hair, but not as dark as KielMck's.

I also have a swiss lace sample. It is a lighter color than that of the piece base and will match most caucasion skin tones better. The closer you match the lace color to your scalp, the more undetectable it is.

The piece will look bad because the hair runs flat along the scalp and then curls up as it goes forwards. Natural hair comes straight out of the scalp and then curls forwards, or backwards. They messed that up. But you will still get to feel it and realize how good it is.

The most important thing though about the piece sample is getting an idea of what your face could look like if it were framed propperly. Unfortunately you would need a custom piece to see the full effect. Unless your head is similar to mine, I doubt the contour would match.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
UC, all I can say is how lucky can you get. I think you might want to donate it to some bald homeless man to keep his head warm at night. Just think what a hero you will be. Just make sure you sanitize it because I would hate for the homeless person to catch some disease from you, CCS.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Just think how much they'll be worth on Ebay when CCS' 'movie' career takes off !!:woot:

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
CCS you said yourself you look 10 times better with the wig and you have actually gone and bought one and wore one which is more than I can say. I am very surprised you have backed out of this idea as I thought you want to look as perfect as possible.

CCS

Reaction score
person said:
CCS you said yourself you look 10 times better with the wig and you have actually gone and bought one and wore one which is more than I can say. I am very surprised you have backed out of this idea as I thought you want to look as perfect as possible.

The reason I did not buy a skin piece is the lousy customer service out there. I asked them for a sample of the different colors so I could see if any matched my skin colors. I offered to pay. They would not even respond to me, or they told me they don't do that. So basically, I have to just pay $300, and see if the color matches, and if not, pay another $300 for another piece until I get a color match. Maybe I could get a refund minus shipping, but since mine are far from stock, I think that would annoy them.

My temples are the hardest area to get perfect. And when I tell them I want the top to go forwards, and the temples to go back, they just don't seem to understand it. The problem with ordering from china is they don't know english that well, or the hair piece middle men like to save money on postage and not forward your instructions. Either way, mine was not a match at all so I'm not ordering from coolpiece ever again. The cheaper sites won't even respond to my emails. Toplace has the best customer service, but has already told me they don't do single strand, or they do but won't sell it to me.

If I could find a site with decent customer service for under $300 per piece, I might give it another go. But so far I've been burned too many times and just don't want to mess with it.

I'm thinking of BHT in the temples, and HP on top. Thing is if you are constantly hiding a hair piece from a girl, that means there is a lot of romantic stuff you just can't do because she'd find out eventually.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just go with toplace, I don't know what you mean by single strand, but I go with pictures, and the pictures on the toplace forum seem very realistic to me and that is all that matters.

CCS

Reaction score
Freedom Coder said:
Can I have one? Could you ship to Florida or Louisiana?

Sure. Just PM me your information. There are two of them. One of them is lighter than the other since I bleached it. Both are light brown, just the lighter one is closer to Brad's natural color. Like I said, the hair direction is a bit wrong, but you will get an idea of how unfeelable the knots and base are. The base is more unseeable if it matches your skin color.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I think there would be too many inconsistencies between our hair CCS. My hair is darker than yours and I am already getting gray hairs on the sides and in my beard. Plus, I would need a full cap and it sounds like you only have partials. Practically, I would have no use for them but thanks for the offer. Have any used underwear you want to get rid of while you're at it? :dunno:

CCS

Reaction score
Not for you to wear. For you to see the quality of if you are on the fense deciding whether to buy your own. Sounds like you will save up for BHT though. Finalhair is inexpensive.