Who out there has done well on their hairline with minoxidil?

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
This goes out to any receeders or thinners.

Either with or without Propecia, have you managed to regrow and/or maintain.

Has anyone seen results after a year has passed? Thanks.

VWdude

Reaction score
I once looked at a bottle of minoxidil once... thats about it.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
yes. It has worked quite well on my hairline. It hasn't moved it forward at all but it has filled it in a bit.
I'm also using finasteride.

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
BadHairDecade said:
yes. It has worked quite well on my hairline. It hasn't moved it forward at all but it has filled it in a bit.
I'm also using finasteride.

Me too. I had good results on minoxidil after 3 months of use. :p

Baldie

Established Member
Reaction score

grabber

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, but during the first 3 month, my hairling was like sh*t... I am happy now though, after 8 month of use, i have lots of small coloured hair on my hairline... I am a happy man.

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
Baldie

Impressive results!

grabber - How bad had you receeded before starting treatment?

Good stuff...

hairschmair

Established Member
Reaction score
wow... That is the most impressive result I have seen, especially for just minoxidil!!!

Congrats.

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I can hardly believe the progress between the last two pics because it was only two weeks or something. Congrats

Baldie

Established Member
Reaction score
The two last picture might look more different than the reality because of the lights. None of the pictures are taken under the same light conditions (some during day with lights, some with lights off, some at night with lights off) but there is definatley really good regrowth and it has surpassed my expectations by a million trillion times.

I don't mind sharing this picture around since it proves (to me anyway) that minoxidil DOES work. Not to the same degree on everyone, i think i am a very good responder. Hopefully i will respond well to the finasteride i've just starting taking as well. Not expecting a full head of hair but even if i can maintain what i've got now for the forseable future I'll be very happy and might even change my forum name :lol:

ix

Established Member
Reaction score
the funny thing is that in the two years i've used minoxidil, my hair has gotten worse and worse on the places i put it on..and only on where i put it

ShedMaster

Reaction score
minoxidil and propecia have been proven to work on the frontal region but to what extend is dependent on the individual. Most experience that they merely keep what hair they have with some experiencing regrowth, or perhaps turning vellous hairs into terminal hairs, which itself is quite gratifying. It all depends on what stage your hair is in when you start chemical treatments.

MiddleAgedManiac

Established Member
Reaction score
IX, the same thing happened to me...the places I put minoxidil it made that area more thin. Guess we are "non-responders" - perhaps something else might work. Folligen?

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Understand that it always gets worse before it gets better. I hate to sound like a broken record, but you must give it substantial time before determining success or failure with a treatment. minoxidil will almost always result in a wicked shed before resulting in a substantial regrowth period afterwards. It did for me. From my personal experiences on the boards over the past several years, minoxidil will almost NEVER make a condition worse then before after it has been given time to do its job.

Green Soap

Established Member
Reaction score
minoxidil ROCKS. My hairline has gotten incredibly sold since I've started using it 11 months ago. Went through some rough times though..

Basically there is about an hour wait for it to completely dry but it isn't as horrible as you think..

....Also I find that it conditions the hair a bit. Might be just me.

Anyway, it truly is not the biggest deal once you get used to it and it WORKS.

It works, it works, it works.

If I had to choose between my finasteride and my minoxidil I would choose minoxidil any day.

- that is for all those who are afraid of trying it (for whatever silly or overdeveloped reason).

Baldie

Established Member
Reaction score
People are ususally put off by minoxidil because they think it's a hassle. I don't like shaving in the morning but i have to do it. I don't particularily enjoy brushing my teeth in the morning and evening, but I have to do it, otherwise my teeth will fall out (kinda like minoxidil and hair).

When I get up in the morning at 7:00am, I shower, towel dry hair and put the minoxidil on. Then I eat breakfast and drive to work. By the time I'm at work, no one can tell that I've been putting minoxidil in my hair. About 7-8pm in the evening I put on minoxidil if I'm not going out. If I am going out to pub, meal, with friends or whatever, i put it on just before I go to bed. All i'm doing is adding another element of caretaking. We all brush our teeth, comb our hair (if we got any!!), put deoderant and aftershave on etc...putting minoxidil on take's about 2 minutes per application. That's 4 minutes a day!

MiddleAgedManiac

Established Member
Reaction score
Back on board

Okay - I quit the minoxidil two weeks ago, but after reading your posts I guess I will go back on. It was just tough seeing all the hair go down the drain for the first 7 months. My shed has slown-down though a little though.

Cheers!

Visionboy

Reaction score
Thats awesome congrats. I started minoxidil almost two months ago and was concerned about the sheding, which has no stopped. Seeing your results has really given me encouragment to continue using it. Again, nice results.