who is the best surgeon to use???????

johnnie69

Reaction score
Whats up? I want my transplant yesterday. I need to know who is the best surgeon?Does it matter what kind of baldness you suffer from in determining the proper surgeon?
I am using Rogaine abd emu oil shampoo and conditioner. Tired of using couvre...I want my hair back now. I am gettin divorced,am 35 and I want my hair for the summer. The time is now, but I dont want to make a decision that will negatively effect my life forever....

Alvi Armani? Cohen?Kahn?Lehr?
Theses are the names that I have as bieng potentially the best....

Any input would be appreciated.

eastend

Reaction score
A lot depends on the extent of your hairloss. If you're a NW4+, a megasession of 3000+ grafts is probably your best bet. For transplantation have two methods to choose from, strip and FUE. I'll leave it to you to do the research, but if you want a 1-day megasession, strip is your only option. FUE caps out at 1000 or so grafts per sitting, and it's _expen$ive_.

There are a number of top doctors doing very good work. Of the four you listed, I've never heard of Cohen and Kahn. Armani has his supporters and his detractors. Personally I would play it safe with a transplant, and he has a reputation of being aggressive, creating long-term risks. On the other hand, you have the option of specifying what you want. I have heard some very good things about Dr. Lehr. You really need to go speak to potential doctors to make an informed decision.

I had work done by Dr. Seager and I'm extremely happy with how things are turning out.

fifty

Established Member
Reaction score
As far as I know the best include:

Cole, Feller, Wolf, Hasson&Wong, Shapiro medical, Seager, Alvi

johnnie69

Reaction score
Got it done at Shapiro Medical. Procedure went great and I got close to 2800 in the front half. Looks perfectly natural.

The part that I struggle with now is a maintenance....Knowing what is the best to use...etc.

Rogaine
Emu oil
Revivogen
Laser Comb
Biotin
Msm
Nizoral

I have all of these products and am at the 2 week post op-

Any advice from experience would be greatly appreciated...

Thomas

Established Member
Reaction score
johnnie69 said:

What is that supposed to mean?

Anyway Dr Woods is good, as is Dr. Rassman and his staff at the NHI facilities.

johnnie69

Reaction score
It means "up' or "to the top" or "read this again"- take your pick.......

Thanks for the referrals, but if you read my post, I already had the procedure with Shapiro-I must add that it was a GREAT experience- and am looking for advice on maintenence......

I posted on the treatments forum.

finallyhair

Reaction score
I had mine done with Alviarmani. I have also seen many patients that have been repair cases from other Dr's that may have been listed. :cry:
I show my hair for future patients. I can't tell which hair is implanted. Definitely no one else can. Most repair cases look to fake and un-natural
a sort of wall efect. It's an art more than anything.
Jeff from Louisiana