Who is the best DHI in Turkey or Europe????

mrk123

Reaction score
Considering going for it.

Is DHI still the latest and greatest transplant available? I have read into it and it sounds like it is.

Who does everyone suggest?

Is Turkey really the best place?? Anywhere else in Europe?

Fontaine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have read mixed reviews on all these names above... is transplant a hit and miss procedure??? Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not???
Good question. I wish to know the answer as well

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've looked into DHI. I learned that it is a far superior method compared to FUE in terms of graft survival rate. The down side is you'll want to do less grafts per procedure so will need multiple procedures to reach desired results (unless you just need a touch up and don't have moderate or severe hair loss).

I was going to do this myself, breaking it into 3 procedures of 1000 to 1500 grafts each, but then covid made it difficult to get a passport.

tonight

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've looked into DHI. I learned that it is a far superior method compared to FUE in terms of graft survival rate. The down side is you'll want to do less grafts per procedure so will need multiple procedures to reach desired results (unless you just need a touch up and don't have moderate or severe hair loss).

I was going to do this myself, breaking it into 3 procedures of 1000 to 1500 grafts each, but then covid made it difficult to get a passport.
Hi,

did you find a proper clinic for you and DHI? I am planning to visit Dr Serkan but I've got doubts ;)

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cay you explain why is it so superior? FUE survival is already in high 90s so DHI would have to be 100 to be actually better. I also wonder why not a single top surgeon in the world uses it, when its as great as you say it is.
It is a lot more difficult, which is why less do it. Plus with DHI it is completely performed by a doctor, where with FUE it is often a technician being involved.

In FUE, all the grafts are harvested, sit for hours, then implanted. With DHI they harvest a graft, implant it, harvest a graft, implant it, etc. This is why the success rate is high 90s... FUE is typically not in the 90s and the doctor is lying, exaggerating, or delusional if he says otherwise.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

did you find a proper clinic for you and DHI? I am planning to visit Dr Serkan but I've got doubts ;)
No, I stopped looking because I hit a roadblock getting a passport and then got side tracked with life. Since stuff is opening back up I'm going to get a passport soon and then search again. Most of the doctors I was interested in were in Turkey.

tonight

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, I stopped looking because I hit a roadblock getting a passport and then got side tracked with life. Since stuff is opening back up I'm going to get a passport soon and then search again. Most of the doctors I was interested in were in Turkey.
Could you recommend some clinic for now? I was thinking about Dr Serkan, Dr Acar and also Dr Cinik :)

giegnosiganoe

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is a lot more difficult, which is why less do it. Plus with DHI it is completely performed by a doctor, where with FUE it is often a technician being involved.

In FUE, all the grafts are harvested, sit for hours, then implanted. With DHI they harvest a graft, implant it, harvest a graft, implant it, etc. This is why the success rate is high 90s... FUE is typically not in the 90s and the doctor is lying, exaggerating, or delusional if he says otherwise.
Not true. DHI simply means that the they use implanter pens, which allows you to make the incision and place the graft at the same time.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not true. DHI simply means that the they use implanter pens, which allows you to make the incision and place the graft at the same time.
"DHI is the newest method in hair transplantation. It is faster than the FUE technique and offers quicker recovery as well as stunning long term results. During DHI, the extraction and implantation are combined. Hair follicles are extracted and then embedded directly into the recipient areas without the prior need of creating incisions. This is done using an implanting device (the Choi pen)."

If you are getting a DHI transplant and they aren't doing the implantation at the same time as the harvest, as stated earlier, you are being ripped off by a clinic that is basically performing a FUE but implanting with a Choi pen. If they are making any prior incisions at all, then I'd run from that clinic; the Choi pen does 100% of the implantation, it makes the incision itself while pushed into the scalp, then they press down on the plunger to insert the graft. So you (aka the physician) doesn't make the incision and place the graft at the same time.. the Choi pen makes the opening since the tip is a needle and the graft is then plunged into place.

Last edited:

giegnosiganoe

My Regimen
Reaction score
"DHI is the newest method in hair transplantation. It is faster than the FUE technique and offers quicker recovery as well as stunning long term results. During DHI, the extraction and implantation are combined. Hair follicles are extracted and then embedded directly into the recipient areas without the prior need of creating incisions. This is done using an implanting device (the Choi pen)."

If you are getting a DHI transplant and they aren't doing the implantation at the same time as the harvest, as stated earlier, you are being ripped off by a clinic that is basically performing a FUE but implanting with a Choi pen. If they are making any prior incisions at all, then I'd run from that clinic; the Choi pen does 100% of the implantation, it makes the incision itself while pushed into the scalp, then they press down on the plunger to insert the graft. So you (aka the physician) doesn't make the incision and place the graft at the same time.. the Choi pen makes the opening since the tip is a needle and the graft is then plunged into place.
None of the top clinics using implanter pens do extraction and then implantation graft by graft. Couto, Lorenzo, Freitas, etc. They all do the extractions, followed by implantation via implanter pen. This is commonly referred to DHI.

I don't know which definition came first, but I do know that most people knowledgeable about hair transplants take DHI to mean the technique I described above.

Very rarely do clinics extract and implant at the same time, graft by graft. Can you name me any top clinics which do so? The clinic you linked is definitely not a top one.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
None of the top clinics using implanter pens do extraction and then implantation graft by graft. Couto, Lorenzo, Freitas, etc. They all do the extractions, followed by implantation via implanter pen. This is commonly referred to DHI.

I don't know which definition came first, but I do know that most people knowledgeable about hair transplants take DHI to mean the technique I described above.

Very rarely do clinics extract and implant at the same time, graft by graft. Can you name me any top clinics which do so? The clinic you linked is definitely not a top one.
I provided a citation for my information. It isn't up to me to provide a citation for your information. The clinics you listed aren't top DHI clinics. I looked at one of your named clinics and they don't even offer DHI. They offer FUE but use an "implanter" (their word... all top clinics straight up refer to it as a Choi pen) to insert the grafts. DHI is called DHI because of the process which I stated above. Clinics offering FUE but using an "implanter" aren't doing DHI, which is why they don't advertise it as DHI and advertise it as FUE with an "implanter." You might want to meet more knowledgeable people if that was the information they gave you. Being advertised on a site called best-hair-clinics.com doesn't make them top clinics, just means they paid for advertising.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying Couto is sh*t, but he is FUE based. Probably one of the better FUE clinics, but not DHI. I've seen plenty reviews of him over harvesting to get the results he's known for.

Last edited:

giegnosiganoe

My Regimen
Reaction score
I provided a citation for my information. It isn't up to me to provide a citation for your information. The clinics you listed aren't top DHI clinics. I looked at one of your named clinics and they don't even offer DHI. They offer FUE but use an "implanter" (their word... all top clinics straight up refer to it as a Choi pen) to insert the grafts. DHI is called DHI because of the process which I stated above. Clinics offering FUE but using an "implanter" aren't doing DHI, which is why they don't advertise it as DHI and advertise it as FUE with an "implanter." You might want to meet more knowledgeable people if that was the information they gave you. Being advertised on a site called best-hair-clinics.com doesn't make them top clinics, just means they paid for advertising.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying Couto is sh*t, but he is FUE based. Probably one of the better FUE clinics, but not DHI. I've seen plenty reviews of him over harvesting to get the results he's known for.
Here is a youtube video from the clinic whose website you linked

Notice how all of the extractions are done first, and then the implantation is done with an implanter pen. Like I said, this is what's commonly referred to as DHI.

giegnosiganoe

My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess my point is that barely any reputable clinics do this graft by graft extraction and then implantation that you're talking about. Do I think that reducing the out-of-body time of a graft is important? Yes. But it seems like reputable clinics handle this well enough, despite not going graft by graft. I personally went to Dr. Pekiner, who does an AM extraction/implantation, followed by one in the PM.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is a youtube video from the clinic whose website you linked

Notice how all of the extractions are done first, and then the implantation is done with an implanter pen. Like I said, this is what's commonly referred to as DHI.
Pretty sure they showed it that way to demonstrate each step, since showing an actual procedure can confuse people.

Look at around 42 to 44 seconds, you'll literally see them harvesting and implanting at the same time. They will of course get a head start with harvesting, but as they are harvesting, another person is separating them based on hairs per graft, and another is implanting them... all at the same time. The video description area explains the process as well.

giegnosiganoe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pretty sure they showed it that way to demonstrate each step, since showing an actual procedure can confuse people.

Look at around 42 to 44 seconds, you'll literally see them harvesting and implanting at the same time. They will of course get a head start with harvesting, but as they are harvesting, another person is separating them based on hairs per graft, and another is implanting them... all at the same time.
I don't see any indication that they are being harvested at the same time, nor do I see how that would even be possible with them laying on their back lol. Like I said, implanter pen is what people commonly refer to DHI as.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see any indication that they are being harvested at the same time, nor do I see how that would even be possible with them laying on their back lol. Like I said, implanter pen is what people commonly refer to DHI as.
You can also see they have multiple implanters, it shows him putting 1 down and grabbing another while showing another person loading the next pen to use. If you read the description it matches exactly what I'm describing, which matches exactly what was written on the first site I cited.

giegnosiganoe

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are so worried about grafts being out of body for long period of time, then why not just go to Eugenix. They use their own DHT method, both surgeons are world class, reasonably priced, great results on both small and big procedures for years.
Yup, that's pretty much the only reputable clinic I know who does this type of thing.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Could you recommend some clinic for now? I was thinking about Dr Serkan, Dr Acar and also Dr Cinik :)
Stay away from Cinik, pure hair mill.. Serkan Aygin? Has two teams both put out good results.. stay away from Serkan Arenamed...another technician mill