Who is here on Propecia for over 5 years !

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Man alive sam-! I hope that you're not disgusted with it? That I've heard, it can be taken for that long with good results.

I would love to hear from users that have been on it for five or so years as I know that they would have some good stuff to share with us.

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
over the course of the year i have heard of people taking it this long, most had good things to report, some mentioned that things began to slip a "little" around the four/five year mark, but others are still holding strong. i'll bump this thread up in four years and let you know :)

bartolin

Reaction score
My father started finasteride more than five years ago and he still has more hair than before. :)

duggan01

Reaction score
Just stopped propecia. Had been taking since '99. Very satisfied with results. I've lost some on temple regions and overall thickness in front has declined. But no substantial loss. I'm 29, soon to be 30.

Had to stop due to side effects. Gyno was out of control, just had surgery - as posted in gyno thread. Also, sexual side effects were too much. Sustaining erections, orgasms were major problem in relationship with former girlfriend. I knew it was the propecia but was really afraid to stop taking.

After 5+ years of poppin that red pill, it's a relief not seeing it everyday.

CAF

Melbs

Established Member
Reaction score
Been on it for 3 years... i think i have more hair than when i started until i stopped for 3 months early this year (2005). So i went back a little as a result, but am back on it now for over 3 months... going to keep at it...