Who Here Take Propecia and have since had a fertility Test?

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thanks

hawkeye101

Reaction score
What the hell were you thinking trying to get a girl pregnant while ON propecia. Even Merck says that is a huge no-no!

But I hope your numbers improve. I am in the exact same boat. Luckily I sopped using the drug while I had some sperm making ability left. I am at about half of normal sperm count (test was taken after 3 months off of propecia) and I hope it improves in the future. I have not got back the numbers yet, but I will post the results of my test soon.

Good news is even with a low sperm count you can still conceive if the right measures are taken.

kienast

Reaction score
All.

One month to go before my second sperm analysis , this time after almost 3 months without Finasteride .....

Then we will know , FOR SURE , if Finasteride is affecting sperm quality , or not .

Ciao
K

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
Does propecia effect sperm quality because of it's effect on the prostate? Or because of what it does to the testicles?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Eureka said:
Does propecia effect sperm quality because of it's effect on the prostate? Or because of what it does to the testicles?
I think it messes with the pituitary, because almost every man on finasteride has low FSH.

BATTLETIME

Reaction score
Last year i had a sperm test while trying to conceive. My semen volume was just above the acceptable threshold to test & it had motility issues. I stopped & we conceived. I will be testing again before we try for another. Will report results then. Yes this stuff can affect fertility. If you cant see that from the above reports your beyond my help.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
The right way to do it would be to get a fertility test before taking the drug, then after starting.

ak_1981

Reaction score
I got a girl pregnant when I was an active finasteride user. I am happy she chose to have an abortion. Complicated situation to be in, but hey **** happens. Next year I started seeing a drastic decrease in libido and other sexual side effects. I am off the pill now

LongTimeProp_User

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was a Propecia user for 15 years. Before trying to conceive, I decided to do a sperm test, and had a result very similar to one of the earlier posters:

-Progressive: 0%
-Non-progressive: 10%
-Immotile: 90%
-Motility: 10%
-Count/ml: 40 million
-Asthenozoospermia

I consulted the doctor at the fertility clinic, and he said for sure it's due to Propecia, so stop taking it and come back in a month and a half.

Well, I did as he recommended, and the second result was as follows:

-Progressive: 45%
-Non-progressive: 21%
-Immotile: 33%
-Motility: 66%
-Count/ml: 48 million
-Normal

So sure enough, it was the effect of the Finasteride, which quickly went away after discontinuing the drug. I must add that there was no visible effect on the sperm, nor any libido effects that I noticed during the time I was taking it aside from the normal effects of aging.