Who Has He Singular Strongest Influence In Genetic Predisposition To One’s Hair Loss?

Zacruz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it one’s father, maternal grandpa, paternal grandpa? Who of these has the strongest influence on hair loss?

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most to least: father > maternal grandfather > paternal grandfather.

However, male pattern baldness is a polygenic trait, which means that lots of different genes are involved. Both sides of the family contribute towards it. The maternal side contributes slightly more than the paternal side, however, due to the significance of the androgen receptor gene on the X chromosome that your mother passes on to you. This gene has been found to be strongly implicated in male pattern baldness.

Curioushair97

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most to least: father > maternal grandfather > paternal grandfather.

However, male pattern baldness is a polygenic trait, which means that lots of different genes are involved. Both sides of the family contribute towards it. The maternal side contributes slightly more than the paternal side, however, due to the significance of the androgen receptor gene on the X chromosome that your mother passes on to you. This gene has been found to be strongly implicated in male pattern baldness.
Try great granda. Only member of my family who was bald and I'm pretty sure I'm losing hair

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think its father and then maternal grandfather. My father has descent hairs at age 72 and I am still nw2.5 at 35 despite poor genes from maternal side. Most of my uncles were bald despite one,most maternal brothers are bald.even my mother is thinned enough to b called bald. But I am happy with remained hairs.

Raphael13

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you could be inheriting anyones hairgenes, wether it be your dad, maternal granddad, uncle etc. The big question is, WHOS hair genes will you inherit? Thats the lottery. It could be anyone. You could end up getting ur dads hairgens, your brother could end up getting your maternal grandfathers hairgenes. So the question is, i think, simply, whos genes will you end up getting? Because it could more or less be any male relative.

Baldy12345

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you could be inheriting anyones hairgenes, wether it be your dad, maternal granddad, uncle etc. The big question is, WHOS hair genes will you inherit? Thats the lottery. It could be anyone. You could end up getting ur dads hairgens, your brother could end up getting your maternal grandfathers hairgenes. So the question is, i think, simply, whos genes will you end up getting? Because it could more or less be any male relative.

Let’s say I look similar to how my uncle did when he was my age, does this increase the likelihood of me inheriting his hair genes.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Let’s say I look similar to how my uncle did when he was my age, does this increase the likelihood of me inheriting his hair genes.
It's completely different, a friend of mine inherited his dad's hair (widows peak, low hairline, etc) and his dad didn't go bald but he inherited the sensitivity genes from someone else even though he has very similar hair to his dad and now his crown is thinning and his dad has a full head of hair in his 50's.

Raphael13

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Ah it's hard to say when it comes to genes. So far, I seem to be getting my dads hairloss pattern and Im soon 30 and he is soon 67 with a nw3. But if im unlucky my pattern could end up as my oldest maternal uncle, which means i will pretyt much lose entire front hair.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
fine hair is more prone to develop common hair loss, even more when the genetic point at less hair density. See your ancestrors.