Whitney Kimball: Manspreading Still A Global Issue

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm posting this as it's important, it discusses the greatest issue if our times, manspreading. Here are the first two paragraphs and a link below.

Manspreading, when men spread their wide open legs for the whole goddamn train to see and take up bench space which could accommodate at least three mid-sized women, is now forbidden in Madrid’s public buses. As CNN reports, this marks a victory for women’s groups like Mujeres en Lucha, who started the hashtag #MadridSinManspreading (#MadridWithoutManspreading).

Madrid joins other cities like New York which, back in 2015, put up graphics with the message “Dude, stop the spread,” prompting men to lash back with infuriated emails to the MTA about other offenses like BO, fat people, pursespreading, and big boobs. (Admittedly the NYPD took it a little too far when they arrested at least two subway riders for manspreading).

http://jezebel.com/manspreading-still-a-global-issue-1795945288

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
So we've gone from women fighting not to have to cross their legs, to women fighting to make men cross their legs. I don't know what happened to the world I knew, but I think I woke up one day and found myself in a parody of it.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
So this is a thing now?
I have taken a subway for years and I never heard anyone complain men were "spreading".
Stinky men, yes; men groping women, yes; men spreading unto women... No. But I am sure that now that this is a thing people will start bashing it too here.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I'm posting this as it's important, it discusses the greatest issue if our times, manspreading. Here are the first two paragraphs and a link below.

Manspreading, when men spread their wide open legs for the whole goddamn train to see and take up bench space which could accommodate at least three mid-sized women, is now forbidden in Madrid’s public buses. As CNN reports, this marks a victory for women’s groups like Mujeres en Lucha, who started the hashtag #MadridSinManspreading (#MadridWithoutManspreading).

Madrid joins other cities like New York which, back in 2015, put up graphics with the message “Dude, stop the spread,” prompting men to lash back with infuriated emails to the MTA about other offenses like BO, fat people, pursespreading, and big boobs. (Admittedly the NYPD took it a little too far when they arrested at least two subway riders for manspreading).

http://jezebel.com/manspreading-still-a-global-issue-1795945288

When I get my hair back I'm going to New York and Madrid so I can spread my legs wide on the transit systems. Give the women a thrill.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
Manspreading is at least kind of a thing, (but not really), however "mansplaining" is a far more pernicious concept. If you try to engage in debate with a "feminist" and you are male, this dubious charge is likely gonna be thrown at you at some point during the conversation. I'm naive and I always think that when you read about this stuff, it's just online culture, woke tumblr woke Twitter nonsense, but it's not! (Some) women actually take these concepts seriously and you have to factor the likelihood of being accused of them into your IRL dealings. sh*t is crazy.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Manspreading is at least kind of a thing, (but not really), however "mansplaining" is a far more pernicious concept. If you try to engage in debate with a "feminist" and you are male, this dubious charge is likely gonna be thrown at you at some point during the conversation. I'm naive and I always think that when you read about this stuff, it's just online culture, woke tumblr woke Twitter nonsense, but it's not! (Some) women actually take these concepts seriously and you have to factor the likelihood of being accused of them into your IRL dealings. sh*t is crazy.

That is the worst. Whatever identity someone happens to have, if you're not that same identity your opinion is automatically invalid, and you should have no input. White men should start using that same argument. Well, if you're not a white man you have no right to tell us that racism/sexism are wrong because it's not possible for you to see it from our perspective. That will put a quick end to that non argument.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I tell liberals to meet me at my house they won't make it up the drive way, sink an arrow at 100 yards without hesitation.
Gotta 40hp backhoe that can dig a 6 foot hole in under 5 minutes.

Relax hillbilly.

All liberals don't agree on everything. Some of us argue with each other about some of these issues. Just because I want America to be an inclusive civiliation where people have equal justice, healthcare, livable wages, food, shelter, and water doesn't mean I think you shouldn't be allowed to sit comfortably on a city bus your tax dollars are funding.

These women who wage war over manspreading sound like extremists to me. They fire up mainstream members of the left by conjuring up warped caricature images of the so-called manspreader. They complain that manspreaders are commonly having their 2-foot long schlongs and sacks hanging out onto their bus seat in front of children. This isn't true of course, but when mainstream lefties are told sh*t like this they get concerned. Blame the extremists in the party for overstating and overhyping the situation.

I once read about some extremist lefties who said that all lefties should cease mowing their lawns because grass is sentient life. I'm a leftie but I didn't stop cutting my grass. We lefties are not cookie-cutter people.

Last edited: