White Dotting... Beware of the large punch... Hairtech

hairtech

Established Member
Reaction score
White dotting is spoken of here and there. I don't wish to say too much about it because I have exhausted my brain speaking about it for the ghost reader to be aware of what could happen if you go to the wrong doctor.

These photos are random photos emailed to me discussing their unhappy results. They told me that they wish they would have used doctors that used smaller punches. Of course I would never divulge the patient or the doctor they visited. This is not what I am trying to show here. What I AM trying to show is that clinics in these times do not need to go over the 0.75mm punch. I have proven this over the last few months by showing the donor area looking like this post op the first day:

untitled-5.jpg

I have shown grafts like this:

graf_1.jpg

And so it has been proven that good grafts can be gotten from a small 0.75mm punch.

These next few pictures show work done by punches larger than a 0.75mm Punch. Now to the defense of the punches used in excess of 1.0mm not everyone can have this issue. However consider this:

1. I have never seen pronounced marked white dotting to this extreme in smaller punches.

2. There are absolutely no excuses for using larger punches period.

untitled-4.jpg

untitled-2_1.jpg

untit-2.jpg

untitled-3_1.jpg

G

I would no way EVER allow anyone to use a 1mm or larger punch on me. And there's no question that the .75mm punch produces less scarring. IMHO, anyone using these bigger punches are doing so primarily for the speed of extractions and less time spent in the OR. :shock:

hairtech

Established Member
Reaction score
No one ever talks of that point Gill and yes you are correct. Folks use larger punches to help correct error and maintain speed.

G

Because some clinics care more about what's best for their bank account than what's best for their patients! :freaked:

kert

Reaction score
Thanks so much for posting these details hairtech and gillenator! It was informative.

G

Patients need to know who and what they are dealing with upfront! :agree:

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
gillenator said:
Patients need to know who and what they are dealing with upfront! :agree:

quite honestly when it comes to hair transplant i cant understand why anyone would risk going to anyone less than the best.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hairtech,

is Cole incapable of using a punch smaller than 1mm? Why doesnt he use anything smaller? He used 1 mm on my 1500 job back in July 2006. I have some small dots on my donor but what the hell it is surgery. Can you elaborate?