While applying Rogaine on my hairline...

grabber

Established Member
Reaction score
I have lost a hair (ok no big deal) but just to understand, the hair that i have found on my finger was a new one. It was taper at the end. (1.5inch long, 5month old approx)
I am trying to take a conclusion from this... is this that the DHT is still affecting my hair, or maybe there is no conclusion to take from this cause it can append once in a while that we loose new hair. (Specially by applying minoxidil.)
Lately i have change from Cipla brand Propecia to Merck proscar.

Thanks for replying

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
Lately when i comb my hair i get a few new 1.5" hairs falling out as well ( i take proscar)... maybe it's a sign of the shedding cycle. :/

grabber

Established Member
Reaction score
the hair you are shedding, does it looks like new hair (taper at the end).
I have been told that if you shed hair that are thinner at the root, it is normal, but if you loose hair that are taper/thinner at the top, that mean that the hair hasnt got the chance to grow ennough for the barber to cut it. The hair is short lived... I dont think this is good. This is the reason of my post. As of now, my hair was looking great, but since a week or so, i have changed my regime from Cipla finasteride to Merck Proscar... I just hope things doesnt go for the worst....

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
I got alot of those hairs to. Since I am only 3.3 months in I guess they are just male pattern baldness hairs that would have shed anyway since they entered telogen before finasteride had a chance to start working. I could just be flat out f*cked but I prefer to be optimistic. :)

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
grabber said:
the hair you are shedding, does it looks like new hair (taper at the end).
I have been told that if you shed hair that are thinner at the root, it is normal, but if you loose hair that are taper/thinner at the top, that mean that the hair hasnt got the chance to grow ennough for the barber to cut it. The hair is short lived... I dont think this is good. This is the reason of my post. As of now, my hair was looking great, but since a week or so, i have changed my regime from Cipla finasteride to Merck Proscar... I just hope things doesnt go for the worst....

I just checked two hairs (I couldn't get more to fall out on demand) and they look thinner at the root but a lot more falls out after i shower and haven't checked those. Most of them are thin, less pigmented hairs though so i hope they get replaced by good hairs.

everysixseconds

Established Member
Reaction score
well, dont worry boys!

i get loads of these, about 60% of total hair shed. and i loose about 150 hairs a day. anywho, bottom line 7 months on nothin but 1mg dutasteride and occasional nizoral use, i can see i have definate improvement in other words some general thickening that is cosmetically significant.

so dont worry about it, i used to freak out a little too, but i still loose those hairs with tapered ends, yet my situation has improved.

HOWEVER, what i do not know is wether or not loosing tapered hair is a good bad or benign thing. maybe if i didnt loose these kinds of hair, then my improvement could be drastically better, i dunno. but as it is, since 6 months onwards, i have seen concerete improvements!!!

DONT PANIC!!!