Which will come First

tt1103

Reaction score
So ive been thinking lately...and just for fun I'd like to have everyones thoughts... what will come first...the ultimate breakthough in male pattern baldness regrowth that completely nullifies hair loss or May 10, 2012 (the supposed end of the world according to some cultures and "prophets")... I say breakthrough in male pattern baldness....then the next day the world ends

Optimistic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you mean that I'm paying all this tax for the 2012 Olympics in London, plus my hard earned cash on hair loss treatments for nothing?

And the Queen's big party for her Diamond Jubilee in June 2012 ain't gonna happen?

I think I'll cash in all my assets and go on a five year holiday next month.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Optimistic. Wait for Me!

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
Optimistic said:
So you mean that I'm paying all this tax for the 2012 Olympics in London, plus my hard earned cash on hair loss treatments for nothing?

And the Queen's big party for her Diamond Jubilee in June 2012 ain't gonna happen?

I think I'll cash in all my assets and go on a five year holiday next month.

If yur gonna steal my screenname at least make a version that is not a adjective which makes for a poor name.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Optimist said:
If yur gonna steal my screenname at least make a version that is not a adjective which makes for a poor name.

At least he's actually optimistic. Your name doesn't suit you at all :roll:

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
flimflam said:
Optimist said:

At least he's actually optimistic. Your name doesn't suit you at all :roll:

Optimistic doesn't = gullible/naive.

Optimistic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If yur gonna steal my screenname at least make a version that is not a adjective which makes for a poor name.[/quote]

Hi Optimist. I didn't 'steal' your screen name. I noticed the similarity several weeks later.

Who says an adjective makes a poor user name? Adjectives describe nouns. The adjective 'optimistic' describes me, so that's why I chose it. My friend has a white cat named 'Snowy'. It'd sound odd calling it 'Snow' don't you think?

Be optimistic. It helps.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
When I was in college we had a Black house cat named Whitey.

(hey - just thought I'd share :)

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
Optimistic said:

Hi Optimist. I didn't 'steal' your screen name. I noticed the similarity several weeks later.

Who says an adjective makes a poor user name? Adjectives describe nouns. The adjective 'optimistic' describes me, so that's why I chose it. My friend has a white cat named 'Snowy'. It'd sound odd calling it 'Snow' don't you think?

Be optimistic. It helps.[/quote]

I have a freind named Autumn, it would sound kind of odd calling her "Autumnal" don't you think?

Optimistic falls more into the Autumnal category than the Snow category.

Anyways, no biggee, I've had a few people confuse us, but I really don't care.

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:
When I was in college we had a Black house cat named Whitey.

(hey - just thought I'd share :)

Thats a cool name for a black cat. Whitey is a noun though. Optimistic would have named it whitish.

Stu85

Established Member
Reaction score
Goddamnit, sometimes when I'm feeling particularly cynical I can't help but think we'll be sending manned expeditions off to Alpha bloody Centauri before we actually find a cure for baldness.

It will be 2050 and our offspring will still rubbing Growagaine 50% Maxi-Strength foam (New Improved Formula!) and popping 10mg of Diapolythyafluroasteride with little more success than we currently are....

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
tt1103 said:
So ive been thinking lately...and just for fun I'd like to have everyones thoughts... what will come first...the ultimate breakthough in male pattern baldness regrowth that completely nullifies hair loss or May 10, 2012 (the supposed end of the world according to some cultures and "prophets")... I say breakthrough in male pattern baldness....then the next day the world ends

Ooh, do you have any links to articles where people predict the end of the world.
If the treatments work for me I might still be above baseline by the end of the world.......SWEET!!!! :lol:

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
> It will be 2050 and our offspring will still rubbing Growagaine 50% Maxi-Strength foam . . . .

Actaly, that'll mre than likely be Growagaine 50% Maxi-Strength Nano-bots[/i] . . . .

8)