Which Topical Is Next Best To Minoxidil?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on fence because people here seem to not have great experiences--which i believe

but this site i have found helpful with other procedure and treatments for skin (lasers and fillers etc)

And the users give it a pretty high rating...BUT i think if someone is a clear candidate for a transplant its expensive and maybe money goes towards transplant.

https://www.realself.com/prp-for-hair-loss

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm considering PRP and Acel with DR Wesley.

Could please keep us or me posted on your PRP results?

I'm considering it in NJ, where I live.

There's one doctor that does it for 500.00. But I don't know if he does ACell or not.

An online doctor told me dead follicles can't be revived (in my forties).

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Could please keep us or me posted on your PRP results?

I'm considering it in NJ, where I live.

There's one doctor that does it for 500.00. But I don't know if he does ACell or not.

An online doctor told me dead follicles can't be revived (in my forties).

I will say this i dont think it can revive dead follicles i think it can just possibly thicken up your hairs that are miniaturizing..

thats how it was put to me anyway.

So if you re slick bald in spots i dont think it would work.

If it works i think its more about thickening the diameter of the follicles you have--which for me would be good.

Im not making a decision for a few months.

I started Minoxidil in November and so far i am having some good progress--if its going to continue i want to see in few months..if its stagnant i will try PRP

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will say this i dont think it can revive dead follicles i think it can just possibly thicken up your hairs that are miniaturizing..

thats how it was put to me anyway.

So if you re slick bald in spots i dont think it would work.

If it works i think its more about thickening the diameter of the follicles you have--which for me would be good.

Im not making a decision for a few months.

I started Minoxidil in November and so far i am having some good progress--if its going to continue i want to see in few months..if its stagnant i will try PRP

Thanks for the information.

The doctor's in the NJ area are cheap (there's one who doesn't do ACell, who is 400.00 per injections).
However that guy is more well known, advertises more.

The other one, which I haven't tried, does to ACell, but costs more. Base cost is 500.00.

It's funny, the 400.00 doctor actually advertised a lot. He works in North Jersey.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Please think twice before going to Dr. Wesley. Read his pitch for his topical blend, spend five minutes on his quoted studies, you will see how clearly he's putting up a shameless lie to the careless patients which would probably speak for his honesty.

Miguel1984

Reaction score
I am using Neofollics lotion for a few months now. It contains active ingredients like Ecklonia Cava, Sanguisorba Oficinalis, Adenosine and Vividine. Lotion is bit thick though but doesn't irritate since it does not contain PPG. Works great for me.

rupture

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Only two docs do PRP right. Dr.Cole and Dr. Greco. They "refine" their PRP to get the most growth factors. I went to both in 5 months and that was the best my hair looked in 5 years

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Only two docs do PRP right. Dr.Cole and Dr. Greco. They "refine" their PRP to get the most growth factors. I went to both in 5 months and that was the best my hair looked in 5 years

no a lot of Doctors do PRP both hair transplant surgeons and Dermatologist who specialize in alopecia.

Im thinking about doing it in Spring..with Acell.

My Dr told me months ago the Acell is to help the muscle of the hair follicle that gets damaged..i JUST read an article on haircure2020 that talks about hair follicle muscle and hair growth/loss. I know its a theory but kind of makes sense.

rupture

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
S
no a lot of Doctors do PRP both hair transplant surgeons and Dermatologist who specialize in alopecia.

Im thinking about doing it in Spring..with Acell.

My Dr told me months ago the Acell is to help the muscle of the hair follicle that gets damaged..i JUST read an article on haircure2020 that talks about hair follicle muscle and hair growth/loss. I know its a theory but kind of makes sense.
See Cole told me it was used as a matrix to keep the prp around the scalp

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
S

See Cole told me it was used as a matrix to keep the pro around the scalp

Don't know but Acell is used for muscle damaged by athletes...to what degree it helps i don't know enough.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
For this thread, gonna say topical Finasteride. It did wonders for my hair.