Which Should I Buy? Which Is More Effective,

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Depends. Some find liquid more effective and vice versa. I would recommend using both. Foam during the day and liquid at night.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Depends. Some find liquid more effective and vice versa. I would recommend using both. Foam during the day and liquid at night.
Can I ask why you say both? Shouldn’t they just work the same given they both contain 5% minoxidil?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can I ask why you say both? Shouldn’t they just work the same given they both contain 5% minoxidil?
For some the vehicle in the liquid penetrates the scalp better than the foam. I'm sure you've read stories of users switching and losing or gaining hair back from doing so. Foam isn't as messy so is ideal during the day. Liquid at night because nobody gives a sh*t about the state of your hair while you sleep :p

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Liquid has a better vehicle for penetration, plus if you have any length to your hair it's easier to make sure a sufficient amount is reaching the scalp

That being said, liquid will make your hair look like sh*t for like 3 hours(not exaggerating), the stuff is greasy and takes forever to dry. This is why foam in morning/daytime, and liquid at night tends to be a good regimen to go with, as Andy suggests. It's what I do