Which shampoo should i use with my regimen

Fender89

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, i'm nearly 20 and since february of this year my hair as been thinning. I actually know the exact day too, well it's when i noticed hairs in the shower. My mental state has been f**ked ever since.

i would be MORE THAN HAPPY to simple mantain. I Just want my hairs to stop falling out. i don't care about regrowth! probably will soon though if i don't get this sorted.

i've been on nizoral for nearly 2 weeks now, every day, and i also started applying nizoral cream afterwards. I get no scalp irritation whatsoever, and with a little dab of conditioner my hair isn't dry!

I'm considering adding the following shampoos to take it day about simply because i'm paranoid nizoral isn't doing anything. well it's only 2 weeks but it might continue to do nothing.

what do you guys think of:

Alpecin C1 (would that mantain>>?) if used everyday?

DR proctor's Nano shampoo (i've already ordered this, some say this can be a stand alone thing for early male pattern baldness sufferers?)

i guess the main question is, Nano or Alpecin? and say why? for mantaining, not regrowth. Nano talks about regrowth and that probably means hair will still fall. i hate hair fall ><

Btw: i take oraly:

GNC megaman multivitamin
Saw palmetto
Nettle root
Green tea extract
Ginkgo biloba
soon will be taking beta sitosterols

by the way, i take alot of saw palmetto, and i have no side effects at all, does this mean i might get none with propecia?

Thanks very much for your time :) Hairloss ftl

zephyr31

Established Member
Reaction score
nizoral is pretty much the best non oral think to protect your hair, forget all the other stuff.

If you really want to stop hairloss get on finasteride straight away, preventing hair loss is easier than trying to bring it back and finasteride will more than likely stop it.

davestep

Reaction score
i would personally carry on trying topical products, just for a few months and see if it works for you.
i say this because i started taking finasteride pills at 21 yrs old. yes, i do think it stopped my hair loss, but after about 10 months i had to stop taking it due to bad side effects. looking back i now wish i never took it in the first place.
although everybody is different and you might be fine with it, i would say its worth trying other safer products first.
also i use to take saw palmetto with no side effects.
just have a thorough check up on everything before you make a decision.

Also, what is this nizoral cream? i use nizoral shampoo but have not heard of the cream?

cheers

Fender89

Established Member
Reaction score
you can get nizoral in cream form! I've been applying it every night and washing it out in the shower the next morning. Try it :) No idea if it's doing anything yet though.

You're right about propecia. I actually nearly went ahead and ordered some last night, but i always back out... That propeciahelp website stops me from ordering. I know not everyone gets sides but i just can't risk it.

I'm going to try Xandrox 15 plus. Hopefully this dosn't make all my hair fall out lol. It has topical finasteride in it so hopefully that will make my hair mantain and then the minoxidil itself will regrow the minimal loss i have. I would use it for the rest of my life no problem lol

LeesHair

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not so sure about topical Finasteride, I can only see one reason Propecia haven't made one themselves... it doesn't work well enough.

I'd stick with the topical Nizoral, but if you add anything try Finateride orally, the "common" side-effects are 99.9% reversible, so worst case scenario you lose sex-drive and performance for a month or so- embarrassing sure but not the end of the world as it's temporary, never know it might keep you out of trouble!

I think many of the people on propeciahelp, whilst there are exceptions I'm sure, have problems because they thought it was a good plan to over-dose, or because they have problems anyway but now have something to blame it on- Impotence isn't that uncommon.