There is something else i need?
Knot sealer works?
i heard of using a mask on the hair every week
or serum?

thanks

Last edited:

Fanjeera

Reaction score
that blue cream to remove the old glue from scalp. nothing beats that at it.

i would also like to know what the best knot sealer is

Noah

Reaction score
Knot sealer is worth it if you have a lace base. It probably extends the life of your system by a month. I have only ever used Walkers Top-loc, and it works fine.
Scalp protector is good.
Worth trying Walkers 3-mil tape for the hairline at some point.
99% isopropyl alcohol (aka surgical spirit) (available cheaply from your local pharmacy or DIY store).
Colour-correcting shampoo or conditioner is a good idea.
A polystyrene head is useful for air-drying the piece, or putting tape on if you use tape.
A big hand-held mirror for checking the back of your unit.
A brush with plastic bobbles on the prongs.

Shampoo and conditioner you can buy from your local pharmacy/drugstore - choose a rich good quality conditioner and a mild shampoo "for damaged or processed hair".

F.Coronilla

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Knot sealer is worth it if you have a lace base. It probably extends the life of your system by a month. I have only ever used Walkers Top-loc, and it works fine.
Scalp protector is good.
Worth trying Walkers 3-mil tape for the hairline at some point.
99% isopropyl alcohol (aka surgical spirit) (available cheaply from your local pharmacy or DIY store).
Colour-correcting shampoo or conditioner is a good idea.
A polystyrene head is useful for air-drying the piece, or putting tape on if you use tape.
A big hand-held mirror for checking the back of your unit.
A brush with plastic bobbles on the prongs.

Shampoo and conditioner you can buy from your local pharmacy/drugstore - choose a rich good quality conditioner and a mild shampoo "for damaged or processed hair".

Should i use knot sealer how many times? every week?
about the conditioner many time should I use? its not enought with the leave-in conditioner?

F.Coronilla

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also which name of shampoo and conditioner you recommend? from pharmacy to check out if i find it here

Noah

Reaction score
You only need to use knot sealer occasionally - once a month or so.

You need to condition every time you shampoo, which I would recommend is once a week.

Any mild shampoo will do - I use whatever comes to hand. A good conditioner is more important - I like American Crew brand, which smells of mint, but any good rich conditioner will be fine.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
You only need to use knot sealer occasionally - once a month or so.

You need to condition every time you shampoo, which I would recommend is once a week.

Any mild shampoo will do - I use whatever comes to hand. A good conditioner is more important - I like American Crew brand, which smells of mint, but any good rich conditioner will be fine.
won't daily spray leave'in conditioner do the job of conditioning enough?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Top-loc's reviews in Hairdirect say it will hurt the bond. Haven't you found so?