Which out of the big 3 is best for temple regrowth?

hairer

Reaction score
Is Propecia better than nizoral or Regaine/Rogaine for temple regrowth? Currently on 1mg Propecia for about 2 weeks now.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
minoxidil is a growth stimulant. Propecia is an anti androgen, it can halt hairloss but only seldom does it show some substantial regrowth/

Mixing the two things gives you an optimal cocktail, one stops further hairloss, other grows the hair.

Sassa

Reaction score
What happens if you use propecia and then stop with it? Will it affect you in some way regarding the hairloss?

dusty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What happens if you use propecia and then stop with it? Will it affect you in some way regarding the hairloss?

If you drop finasteride then you will lose all your progress. finasteride is basically a lifetime commitment

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
Doesn't finasteride really got the same success-rate as minoxidil in terms of regrowth among users? Like 48% or something. minoxidil isn't effective with everyone.

debyne

Established Member
Reaction score
Doesn't finasteride really got the same success-rate as minoxidil in terms of regrowth among users? Like 48% or something. minoxidil isn't effective with everyone.
You won't know how you react unless you try, but do both finasteride and minoxidil together or it's not usually worth it all.

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
You won't know how you react unless you try, but do both finasteride and minoxidil together or it's not usually worth it all.

I'm already on the big 3. I'm just questioning that minoxidil is a better growth stimulant than finasteride. The most impressive results I've seen was on finasteride, not on minoxidil. I think minoxidil may be the better at regrowing hair if you're only losing hair on the temple, while finasteride will be better on the crown and midscalp.

dusty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Generally finasteride is for maintenance not regrowth but without finasteride you are fighting a losing battle

shookwun

Reaction score
Maitenance essentially goes in hand with regrowth on finasteride.

so much misinformation within this thread. Almost all regrowth and maintenance is contributed to finasteride, not the other way around.

Sorry but minioxidil is a spoof, and generally doesn't work on any one. Studies show it is synergistic with the combination of finasteride in a regimen though.

Goldee Lox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Liquid finasteride, hands down. It attacks it right at the source. And it averages around a reduction of eighty percent. Don't believe it? I can show
you a non funded government study.

Combine the liquid finasteride with minoxidil, and you have a two method of attack going on.

Lots of people regrow hair on Propecia, and this is especially true in the middle of the forehead and vertex. But it usually is not true for the temple area.

- - - Updated - - -

Minoxidil isn't the first line of attack, that's true. But for people just starting to lost hair, it definitely has some benefits. And it also works on the front, somewhat on the temples (if you start young enough, otherwise no), and the vertex. And it probably slows hair loss down in the front. But it's true, it definitely is not anywhere near as powerful as finasteride.

Where do you buy liquid finasteride?

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've seen amazing temple regrowth from people on oral spironolacetone!! Finasteride will not regrow temple hair. It will merely give yoUr follicles a reprieve from the assault of DHT. Nizoral will sort out your dandruff and not much else.

br1

Reaction score
I've seen amazing temple regrowth from people on oral spironolacetone!! Finasteride will not regrow temple hair. It will merely give yoUr follicles a reprieve from the assault of DHT. Nizoral will sort out your dandruff and not much else.

My temples grew back and I was on finasteride alone...

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
Is Propecia better than nizoral or Regaine/Rogaine for temple regrowth? Currently on 1mg Propecia for about 2 weeks now.

Arguably none.

- - - Updated - - -

My temples grew back and I was on finasteride alone...

Then you are a very lucky bunny who shouldn't be here.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
minoxidil gave me some initial growth, I stupidly stopped it for a few months, on re-starting again it only maintained for a few years until doing nothing.

Started on propecia 6 months ago, early signs of regrowth in the forehead area, also, it's denser in the hairline at the temples but I'm not sure it's advancing.

There were signs of density as well overall but I must be going through a shedding at the moment because the last week or so it's pretty thin.

So basically yes, I believe finasteride should cause re-growth in the temples as much, or more, than minoxidil.