Which one is the real me?

helpme

Reaction score
Everyday, as I pass by something reflective, I always try to catch a glimpse of myself.

I used to look good in my bathroom upstairs. Now I only look good in it "sometimes." The mirror downstairs makes me look good with even/good skin. Hell it looks like I could pull off the bald look down there.

The mirrors at work, well what can I say: In the main bathroom I look like I have been through WW3. My eyes look semi hollow with dark circles, my hair (dark brown hair on white scalp) looks god awful scary at some angles. I go in the private bathroom and look at myself in the mirror and maybe I look ok.

Then I go outside and look in a mirror with the sunlight. The sun exposes all the thinning places of my head. My lower eyelids look big and bulgy..I look.....maybe even ugly.

I've stopped looking into car windows for a reflection...

The saddest thing is not how I will look bald. The saddest thing is looking at my hair now. It's not too bad, but the saddest thing is picturing my image fading away. I've been through some rough times in my young life, some of which stole a part of my youth... If I lose the next fight, I'll have nothing really to excite me anymore

which is the real me?

noorur

Established Member
Reaction score
i feel the same way

except for that nowadays i am feeling very suicidal about my hairloss. i feel as though my life is already over at the age of 20

mark16v

Established Member
Reaction score
if the worst happens, and you don't look good with very short / shaved heads, think of all your ugly mates who have got birds they are happy with

it'll be that bad.

men arn't good at swallowing their pride (their hair) especially.. me ! but it'll be done. you can still laugh and joke if you loose the battle.

you won't hear a funny joke and associate it with your hair

I guess advice is easier given than taken!

Weepy

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't take it for much longer. I can't sleep. Most times I have to remind myself to eat. Given up going to the gym, because I don't want to be seen. I nauseate myself. However, I take comfort in the sympathy expressed on this board. It's good to know you're not alone.

SE-freak

Reaction score
Weepy:

I hear you. I have trouble sleeping.
But you are few days into your regimen only.

When you are ready to sleep, relax and realize you are actually doing something for your hair. Taking your finasteride before sleeping is a good move also. I find it soothing.

To all of you out there feeling like crap- realise you ARE on a regimen. You have not given up.

Never kneel.

G

I too have problems with mirrors. I look different in different mirrors and especially if I look at mirror from afar I look very f*****g weird. I really hope that the mirror just twists my image somehow but I'm not so sure.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Its almost certainly due to lighting conditions. Under strip lighting or direct sunlight thin hair looks like sh*t.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
I hate being under certain lights, it makes me look a NW5. I understand where you guys are coming from. I get envious at various customers at my part-time job taking their hair for granted while I'm the token balding guy.

It's been hell for me for 10 years and somehow I haven't blown my brains out because I keep telling myself things will get better. Someone said once it gets worse before it gets better.

IBM

Reaction score
Now imagine what is to meet someone you adore and show that you're balding. Its like we're drowning on your own with our mistakes and failures :( .

If i had full head of hair and long i could show that i dont need anyone in this world. I could stand for myself and still have the ability to win with mercy and fairness.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Weepy said:
I can't take it for much longer. I can't sleep. Most times I have to remind myself to eat. Given up going to the gym, because I don't want to be seen. I nauseate myself. However, I take comfort in the sympathy expressed on this board. It's good to know you're not alone.

I feel you brotha, even since the hair loss sh*t started, I just lost my motivation to hit the gym. It's hard to believe I once lived there lol

I am planning to go back though... I sorta gave up on the f*****g hair. I will just apply treatments but I am sick and tired of worrying about it everyday. I do find myself care about it less and less though. (it doesnt really get better, I just dont care as much for some strange reasons --- knowing that I still bang hot girls with not-so-great hair really comforts me lol)

Wash n' Gone

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't believe a two year old thread gets bumped! I find the lack of perspective depressing. You guys need to get a handle on the relative importance of this. I hate seeing my hair thinning in the mirror and knowing it will never be like it was five years ago but it isn't the end of the world. Take comfort in the fact you are doing all you can. Life can be sh*t sometimes, but male pattern baldness needn't be this debilitating. You need to find peace of mind by accepting the things you cannot change.