which minoxidil product has the nicest feel/smell/look?

Hoppi

Reaction score
This is important to me! I like my hair to look and smell nice...

Erm, I was looking at Spectral DNC and Nanominox-MS (I tend to like the slightly more ambitious products, but it doesn't have to be!) but.. Spectral RS I do find to be a bit "gunky" when it's dried, even though I like the smell and ingredients. I find this limits my styling, because I don't want to use hairstyles which look weird with a slight gel look on them.

What do people think? Nanominox? Or is there one I'm missing?

dr_jekyll

Established Member
Reaction score
definitely Spectral.DNC - dries completely and non-greasy in under 15mins and then hairstyling is easy. Leaves no visible residue either

Hoppi

Reaction score
I find RS leaves my hair kinda "crispy" though, like a light gel. Does DNC not do this?

dr_jekyll

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, it does but I kinda like that, it makes it easier to style my hair. Howevere, if you keep combing through your hair the crispiness does brush out

Hoppi

Reaction score
Ah ok that's good to know :) I like longer hairstyles you see so a gel look isnt really what I'm after! lol

Spectral RS is proving a good trial for DNC though, and if I do decide to switch to minoxidil I'm currently between the 3 options in my regimen :)

Chris87

Established Member
Reaction score
Wolfgard said:
Why not the Rogaine foam ? It dries quickly and nor smell neither residuals.

Rogaine Foam does smell...it has that hair spray sort of smell... I've used it in the bathroom at work before..left..came back like 10 mins later and i could smell it in the bathroom even though i hadnt been in there for 10 mins

wooz

Reaction score
i enjoy foam. it seems to have a fresh crisp scent. dries fast, and if you use the proper amount doesnt leave a mess in your hair.

just started dnc a few days ago at night and it does seem to dry super fast.
i haven't closely checked yet on the affect after it dries but it didn't look like regular rogaine type white powder when it dries