Which Is The Most Effective Dht Inhibitor For Hair Loss?

GeorgeNatur

Reaction score
Progesterone is a COX inhibitor as we see in literature.

That means, it will make PGD2 lower,
and it will see someone positive resaluts, the first weeks.

Progesterone will make also PGE2 lower,
and that will damage Hair with the time.

Faith11

Reaction score
Natural DHT blockers are better, the haven't a lot of side effects,
and the results don't change with the time.

So, Saw Palmetto, or Fo-ti, or Guarana

are ancient plants that come from garden of Edem,
and not from Garden of Merck.

George, do you think that Saw palmetto can alone help at least maintain the hair(if we use it instead of finasteride)?
Secondly, a recent study concluded that "super concentrated Saw palmetto" is the one which can produce similar results compared to finasteride.
And here is the problem-All are using normal SP which has little effect on DHT and then they are complaining that it does not work.

What are your thoughts?

guybrush

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
George, do you think that Saw palmetto can alone help at least maintain the hair(if we use it instead of finasteride)?
Secondly, a recent study concluded that "super concentrated Saw palmetto" is the one which can produce similar results compared to finasteride.
And here is the problem-All are using normal SP which has little effect on DHT and then they are complaining that it does not work.

What are your thoughts?

If you could provide a link to that recent study we would be happy.

lickawrist

Established Member
Reaction score
^ i believe there are studies in ncbi.org that show similar results but with whole berries used (not extracts).

"SPSE demonstrated competitive binding toward the active site of the enzyme."

so we at least know that sp can inhibit 5ar in the prostate; other studies using whole berries have demonstrated the same effect (albeit the extent of 5ar inhibition wasn't as great as whole extract): http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11337315

problem with sp is that almost all research taken only measured 5ar expressions in prostatic tissue. we don't know if sp has any effect on other receptor sites, but we do know that it has no effect on serum androgens.

Ruby

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well.... getting an orchiectomy will certainly put a serious dent in DHT production.
Not quite "natural" though, even though it's been in practice for thousands of years.
;-)

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
DHT is produced in the interior of the hair (pilosebaceous unit)
"Human sebaceous glands and hair follicles are equipped with all the necessary enzymes for biosynthesis and metabolism of androgens. Androgens can be generated via de novo synthetic pathway from cholesterol to T and dihydrotestosterone (DHT), or/and via a shortcut pathway from the circulating dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEAS"
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2835896/

Spellbinder

My Regimen
Reaction score
Saw Palmetto als dht blocker

Saw Palmetto is a very good dht blocker,
with 2 tabs pro week(Lambert).

But even better is to take same (two) PGD2BLOCKERS
and a PGE2AGONIST,
all together are working optimal, for hair regrowth.
@GeorgeNatur What exactly are these
PGD2BLOCKERS
and a PGE2AGONIST? Any examples? And where to buy?

deraj

Reaction score
How about making some sort of saw palmetto topical? Anybody think that could do some good?

resu

Reaction score
How about making some sort of saw palmetto topical? Anybody think that could do some good?

You mean besides every single "hair loss shampoo" and "natural hair loss" product in existence? If SP worked you would suffer the same potential sides as finasteride and dutasteride.

deraj

Reaction score
You mean besides every single "hair loss shampoo" and "natural hair loss" product in existence? If SP worked you would suffer the same potential sides as finasteride and dutasteride.

Fair enough if you don't think it would work. But I'm pretty sure there can be side effects similar, admittedly weaker, but still similar to those in finasteride and dutasteride.

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll say this; I used naturals for hair loss prevention until last year ill be 35 in November.(Almost 10 years) I Don't lose ANY hair until 32. Once miniaturization of my temples started the naturals did nothing or not enough. I got on proscar and within 1.5 month the health and fullness of my hair was dramatically better i couldn't believe it! so i guess if you Don't have miniaturization or your hair loss is super super early maybe naturals will help, but once true male pattern baldness comes a knockin its time for finasteride or minoxidil

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your right about that, I'm sure. But i'm in the Norwood 3++ now.

I'm hoping that Replical and Histogen turn out to be the ground breaking products we heard of.

One thing I will say is this, they are actually using older people as test subjects. That makes a big difference, in my mind.

Guys in their twenties can sometimes get by on Minoxidil alone, for a few years at least. But I think Replical, if it does work,
will be the end game on this. Or at least for a lot of men. That's a big if.
yeah i hope they come to fruition too. How great would that be... Get treatment every 3-5 years no more daily meds or possible side effects, no more worry about future hair loss and the best part; substantial regrowth! It would be a game changer to say the least

abcdefg

Reaction score
If you were on naturals then you werent really losing hair so it seemed they worked when they really probably did nothing.
I would prefer a daily treatment over going into some invasive procedure for injections or something. The issue is I want a daily treatment that is safe to use each day which unfortunately is not finasteride. Maybe something like CB that you take each day or hopefully once a week and just use that forever. Better then going to get some invasive long drawn out procedure if it can just keep my hair

Singularity2045

My Regimen
Reaction score
These are a few herbs which might effective. I'm actually currently taking them: licorice root extract, reishi extract, spearmint tea, red clover extract, white peony root, and saw palmetto. Some of these though will lower testosterone and free testosterone also. I haven't noticed any negative side effects aside from initial shedding. My hair was thick, but i noticed thinning over the last year :/ I thought I was imagining it.

Anyway, I gonna document it with my new regimen, and take measurements and stuff and share my experience. I hope I can stay off meds, but we'll see. My dad started balding late 20s ;/ I thought I wasn't gonna be affected cos my grandfather on my mum's side had lots of hair, but oh well. I'm don't have aggressive balding at least.. but i have lost just over 0.5 inches on the ponytail.

can''t post link but you can see my hair just google; long hair vegan (cr vitality site). I had a massive shed recently so will be sharing my experience on my new blog with natural supplements :)