Which hair piece company sells the best units now?

Hamy25

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been wearing a hair piece for about 3 months. The density of first stock unit I bought was way, way too thick, had major red tones, and didn't look natural at all. I bought the second stock unit from a different company and while the color and density were better, it shed fairly rapidly even though I thought I did all the right things to prevent shedding. I have since learned that the rapid shedding might have been from poor construction, but it also might have been from a leave-in conditioner that got too close to the base.

I'm now looking at a few different companies who sell hair pieces online: Hairpiece Warehouse, Toplace, HatsOffHair and CoolPiece. I would like to hear from anyone who has bought from these companies or others who have had good or not so good experiences.

If you work for or own a hair company, please don't respond, covertly pumping up your business or criticizing your competition. It's usually fairly obvious and will just cause me to avoid your company.

Hamy25

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve tried most of them and the problem with hairsytems from China is quality control. Last order from toplace was terrible nothing like the previous order . Hair was dry as a bone and clumpy grey percentage wrong density to thick. Really is a roller coaster ride as to whether you can wear them or not.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve tried most of them and the problem with hairsytems from China is quality control. Last order from toplace was terrible nothing like the previous order . Hair was dry as a bone and clumpy grey percentage wrong density to thick. Really is a roller coaster ride as to whether you can wear them or not.

The hair I get from my supplier also uses a factor in China, is pretty great. I have a mix of human (#2) and synthetic (gray). My system ranges from 70-80% grey, depending on the zone. I retired the last system after just seven months, and the current system is going fine, with little problem after three months.

I don't condition the hair when I wash it, but I do use a daily leave-in. I had a unit that I got from a factory, directly in China, it was all synthetic, and the hair started to frizz after two months.

My experience with hair systems is that usually (but not always), you get what you pay for.