Which growth stimulant

Hickdeads

Reaction score
Hi all

Am hoping for a little advice. Will make it short and sweet......hopefully

I tried researching rogaine. The foam seems to indicate its only suitable for regrowing hair on the crown however i have a receeding hair line. Will the liquid be suitable instead?

I also undertsand that apparently minoxidil is off patent therefore opening competition up to generic brands. Is this correct and if so should i give the cheaper version a go instead of rogaine? Ive found a product called Kirkland which is minoxidil 5% in an eye dropper liquid format.

Ive also looked into propecia tablets and am concerned about reduced semen count. Research ive done says this effect would be short term. Is this true?

Any advice is appreciated.

Donni

Reaction score
ive heard nasty storys about the foam but everybody reacts different you just have to find what works for you i myself have chose the liquid its been almost two weeks since ive started i only apply a half ml once a day to my hairline and am seeing improvements what use to be bare now has little white hairs everywhere i have also heard that the liquid absorbs better into the scalp and has properties that help fight hairloss that is not found in the foam from all the negative storys ive read about the foam ide say go with the liquid but who knows some people swear by the foam but its all about finding whats good for you and i apologized for the run on sentence my arm got cut and its hard to type oh and as far as the finasteride pills go ide say stay away some people react so bad to them that the sexual sideeffects can last a really long time

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with the guy above, finasteride[Propecia] is a very important part of a hair loss regime. That's what is used to STOP or SLOW down hair loss in the first place. Without it, you'll be fighting an uphill battle. Trying to thicken existing hair with Rogaine, while still losing it. Though, Rogaine is good for is you're just starting to lose hair.

If you are not going to use Minoxidl, at least use finasteride and also use Tricomin/Folligen, and if you can find it use Nizoral. But Finasteride, Minoxidil, and keto shampoo[Nizoral] is supposedly the best treatment for hair loss. Adding things to the big 3 is recommended, but replacing anything with the big 3 is not recommended. This is of course only if you are serious about going to war with your hair loss.

Hickdeads

Reaction score
Thanks guys all great info. What i do want to know is the area of the head rogaine is useful for? The foam says only suitable for the crown. Does that apply for liquid also?

hugeleap

Reaction score
Hickdeads said:
Thanks guys all great info. What i do want to know is the area of the head rogaine is useful for? The foam says only suitable for the crown. Does that apply for liquid also?

I think it's only been FDA approved to re-grow hair on the crown, but of course people have success with it on the frontal area... just not as much.

knowingyou

Established Member
Reaction score
Foam and liquid work more or less the same, they both are minoxidil, just Foam dries faster than liquid. They both suppose to grow hair all over the head and not just the crown.

Nuli

Established Member
Reaction score
Other than finasteride(which isnt really a growth stim.), I would say minoxidil and Nizoral cream/shampoo are the only others worth using.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, some people aren't so lucky that they can tolerate all 3 major treatments, minoxidil, finasteride & nizoral.

If you can't tolerate minoxidil, I'd say compensate with Tricomin/Folligen, if you can't tolerate finasteride I'd say compensate with Revivogen/spironolactone.

In an ideal world you should get on fine with the big3, just making the point that there are other alternatives to bolster your regimen with if it doesn't work out.

Also minoxidil DOES work on the hairline (I'm now almost a solid NW2 after being a NW3 12months ago) however you need to be relatively young 25 or below, because male pattern baldness is most aggressive in this region & the older you get the less resistant your temples become to DHT.

Even posters who've been on finasteride alone for 10years, have found that they begin to lose a little temple hair in their 30s