Which Future Treatments Are You Most Optimistic About?

Breyfogle

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys, I'm 30 years old and don't think I can wait another 5 years for this potential "cure." Are all of you on the younger side on here? You all just going to try and wait it out until 2020 for this to potentially come out? Why isn't everyone opting for an FUE transplant instead right now? Is cost the main reason?

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place because I don't know if I can sit and watch my hair die until 2020 and see myself turn significantly bald. What is everyone's strategy? Wish I was 23 right about now. Sucks.

All ages, all hair types and many different strategy types here. I'm 41, NW3, make money, look good and I'm in shape. If a cure comes out when I'm 45, so be it. What the hell else am I gonna do? WHat can any of us do? Balding sucks but so does a lot of stuff. Welcome to life. We put one foot in front of the other and try not to be too much of a b**ch about it lol. Take the next 4 years to get some others things right. Body. Money. Friendships. Art and expressing yourself.

For me, I'd be psyched to get a minoxodil replacement soon. It makes my face bloat up, gives me heart palpitations, and doesn't even work that good. I'd be psyched for that. But just so you know, being a guy in his 30s and early 40s is awesome. You can have kids indefinitley, so that's not a pressure. And you can still hook up with younger girls, or girls your age. Girls care less about age than guys do. Unless you're just fundamentally ugly, but then it doesn't matter what your age is anyway.

The problem is that you'll have nothing to talk to them about because they're idiots. And if you're gay, none of this sh*t matters either, because from what I can tell being gay is awesome too. If I could just slam my buddies and not have to futz with a bunch of little chickenheads that would make life SO much easier.

Sorry everyone. I haven't eaten yet today and I get weird.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
from what I can tell being gay is awesome too. If I could just slam my buddies and not have to futz with a bunch of little chickenheads that would make life SO much easier.

Lol someone give this man an award

JLC

Established Member
Reaction score
1. Brotzu Lotion (if it comes out soon and gives back 5 years of lost hair it's a cure for me)

2. Tsuji (sounds really great, one thing though is will the results look the same as a hair transplant? as I've never seen one that looks perfect)

Heat06

Established Member
Reaction score
Have you gotten a quote for a hair transplant? They're expensive, especially from a top Doctor. Mine is going to push 15-20K for a fairly conservative # of grafts. Have you tried finasteride or anything else? I'm about to turn 30 as well...at least we should have some new stuff by the time we're 40, and can be back to banging 20 something year olds as long as you're in decent shape.

I'm 30 and in excellent shape. I workout 5 days a week and my body is in check. That's never been the issue for me. It's my dome. I would probably say I'm a NW3 that's slightly diffuse. I've taken finasteride in the past at regular dosage and suffered bad sides. Quit, swearing to never touch it again until I realized my hair was diffusing so bad I was embarrassed to go anywhere near a body of water.

Decided the last 2 years to try finasteride again but at 0.5mg and it has helped tremendously. Thickened the crown and top middle area of my head, but did nothing for my hairline. I still experience minor sides, but nothing I can't tolerate for now and not as extreme as the ones I had at 1mg. I have zero choice or just go bald to be honest. I also use minoxidil 1x a day. That's it.

I've just always wondered why people never opted for an FUE and just be done with it. Is it truly cost for everybody on here? Scarring a concern? Like what is it? Remove money from the equation, would everyone just opt for a hair transplant?

I can't see how you all can sit and wait 5 years. That could be the difference between having hair and going straight bald...like that actual process scares the hell out of me. Like a slow death...sucks.

tele

My Regimen
Reaction score
All ages, all hair types and many different strategy types here. I'm 41, NW3, make money, look good and I'm in shape. If a cure comes out when I'm 45, so be it. What the hell else am I gonna do? WHat can any of us do? Balding sucks but so does a lot of stuff. Welcome to life. We put one foot in front of the other and try not to be too much of a b**ch about it lol. Take the next 4 years to get some others things right. Body. Money. Friendships. Art and expressing yourself.

For me, I'd be psyched to get a minoxodil replacement soon. It makes my face bloat up, gives me heart palpitations, and doesn't even work that good. I'd be psyched for that. But just so you know, being a guy in his 30s and early 40s is awesome. You can have kids indefinitley, so that's not a pressure. And you can still hook up with younger girls, or girls your age. Girls care less about age than guys do. Unless you're just fundamentally ugly, but then it doesn't matter what your age is anyway.

The problem is that you'll have nothing to talk to them about because they're idiots. And if you're gay, none of this sh*t matters either, because from what I can tell being gay is awesome too. If I could just slam my buddies and not have to futz with a bunch of little chickenheads that would make life SO much easier.

jfc I wish I could hang out with this dude

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If a cloning treatment did eventually work, would there not still be an artistic challenge to designing the front portion and hairline?

I would imagine it would be pretty tricky and cumbersome to achieve that with a syringe/injection device. A skilled hair transplant Doctor may need to be involved in the process, or maybe cloning would only be used in the central area to add density (perhaps up to 1" behind the hairline), leaving the hairline to be dealt with elsewhere with traditional fue.

Or maybe they'll just inject all over the goddamn place. Still so many unknowns at this stage.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
If a cloning treatment did eventually work, would there not still be an artistic challenge to designing the front portion and hairline?

I would imagine it would be pretty tricky and cumbersome to achieve that with a syringe/injection device. A skilled hair transplant Doctor may need to be involved in the process, or maybe cloning would only be used in the central area to add density (perhaps up to 1" behind the hairline), leaving the hairline to be dealt with elsewhere with traditional fue.

Or maybe they'll just inject all over the goddamn place. Still so many unknowns at this stage.
True. However, good professionals are very fast to jump on the bandwagon when big money is involved (just like scaMMers do, so one has to be attentive).
If hair cloning really becomes a thing, I think most of us will regain a lot of happy moments...

Breyfogle

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't see how you all can sit and wait 5 years. That could be the difference between having hair and going straight bald...like that actual process scares the hell out of me. Like a slow death...sucks.

Well it's either that or kill yourself. sh*t man, my little nephew has been playing Battlefront for 4 years straight now. Maybe just tuck away and go on a Battlefront bender. Come out when Riken's ready.

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
For me its about maintaining until something better comes out. No way do I want to apply RU/seti my topically my whole life buy for now its the best we got

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score

sounds familiar :)

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
1. Tsuji

Solid science, more financial support than anyone else, Japanese stem cell laws...to be perfectly honest, I don't see it going south with this method.

2. Shiseido

If it works, it's better than taking finasteride.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I just want to keep the hair on my head right now in a way safer the finasteride. Thats it could care less about the endless hair multiplication, growing hair stuff. Great if it works but id rather not go through that process and cost. Keeping hair is much cheaper and easier but options for that are so limited. Its finasteride or continue balding basically while we wait 5 years for even CB which probably wont be much better just safer

cocohot

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Best post I've ever seen on this forum.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Angela Christiano has probably already found a cure for several alopecias with JAK-inibs. I think now that Aclaris has purchased Vixen and Christiano's et al IP with it, they will develop a topical for alopecia areata and, hopefully, androgenetic alopecia within a few years. It could be that JAK-inibs working to turn on several growth pathways will be greater than DHT's follicle-shrinking effect in pattern baldness. If so, it will displace all of these complicated cell therapies still in progress. I think hair transplant surgeons would love to see a cell-based therapy where they charge people for each round of injections. My hope is that a topical cream in a tube or bottle causes a lot of hair transplant doctors to seek work in other areas of medicine. Imagine no scalpels and no needles just hair growth from what could eventually be an over the counter topical.

Last edited:

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Angela Christiano has probably already found a cure for several alopecias with JAK-inibs. I think now that Aclaris has purchased Vixen and Christiano's et al IP with it, they will develop a topical for alopecia areata and, hopefully, androgenetic alopecia within a few years. It could be that JAK-inibs working to turn on several growth pathways will be greater than DHT's follicle-shrinking effect in pattern baldness. If so, it will displace all of these complicated cell therapies still in progress. I think hair transplant surgeons would love to see a cell-based therapy where they charge people for each round of injections. My hope is that a topical cream in a tube or bottle causes a lot of hair transplant doctors to seek work in other areas of medicine. Imagine no scalpels and no needles just hair growth from what could eventually be an over the counter topical.

I agree that would be amazing just to use a topical and bring back your hair and I think JAK inhibitors will be huge in the hair loss industry in the future. But won't you need to apply it indefinitely to keep results?

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
But won't you need to apply it indefinitely tI o keep results?

Possibly, yes. It could even be that the new hair would last for years before another application is necessary. It could be that results from a JAK-inib topical will be as durative as any cell therapy. Perhaps maintenance applications once a month, but I'm only guessing at this point. It would be great just to have the choice, tho. Back in October 2015, Christiano said to SK that if a company with the means were to begin developing the drug right now, a topical could be on the market in 3 to 5 years. That was a few months before it was announced that Aclaris bought Vixen.

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Possibly, yes. It could even be that the new hair would last for years before another application is necessary. It could be that results from a JAK-inib topical will be as durative as any cell therapy. Perhaps maintenance applications once a month, but I'm only guessing at this point. It would be great just to have the choice, tho. Back in October 2015, Christiano said to SK that if a company with the means were to begin developing the drug right now, a topical could be on the market in 3 to 5 years. That was a few months before it was announced that Aclaris bought Vixen.

I guess theoretically you could use the topical to get regrowth then possibly replicel to make them permanent. I'd say it would probably be closer to 5 years to market in North America because of the FDA

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys, I'm 30 years old and don't think I can wait another 5 years for this potential "cure." Are all of you on the younger side on here? You all just going to try and wait it out until 2020 for this to potentially come out? Why isn't everyone opting for an FUE transplant instead right now? Is cost the main reason?
[...]

No, it's not cost. I'm sure most transplants today are safe but I don't want to have my scalp cut open.