Which DHT Blockers works well and has less side effect?

DNA

Reaction score
I 'm looking between the Propecia (finasteride) 1mg or Dutas (Dutasteride 0.5mg)

Other suggestion are welcome!! :)

Mr_Reeses

Established Member
Reaction score
finasteride has less side effects then dutasteride. finasteride blocks one type of a 5alpha-reductase inhibitor and dutasteride blocks two types of a 5alpha-reductase inhibitors. If you want a natural approach try Revivogen Shampoo/Conditioner the founder of Revivogen claims "it can do the same as finasteride but with natural ingredients and no side effects", personally I don't know if it's true, you'll have to research it and come to your own conclusion. Cheers and good luck!

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Mr_Reeses said:
If you want a natural approach try Revivogen Shampoo/Conditioner the founder of Revivogen claims "it can do the same as finasteride but with natural ingredients and no side effects"

No, when he made that claim he was referring to the scalp therapy not the shampoo/conditioner. They were able to prove that it inhibited more DHT than propecia/dutasteride.

Mr_Reeses

Established Member
Reaction score
I apologize, Ripple is correct the Revivogen Scalp Therapy blocks DHT in the scalp not The Shampoo/Conditioner. How's the Revivogen shampoo working for you Ripple? Have you tried the Conditioner?

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It works great to slow down hair loss. That's why you see Regenepure copying their formula and adding a few other stuff to it to maximize it's effectiveness. I thought the conditioner was ok but getting shampoo is preferable.

adubs

Reaction score
Hello, new poster here. I have spent all day trying to figure out topical, natural solutions.

Firstly, I'm looking at shampoos/conditioners... Revivogen vs. Regenepure?

In terms of medicine, I know that I am allergic to sulfur, which is why the latter seemed more appealing. Does anyone have thoughts on this?

I recognize shampoos alone will do not do the job, but I'm curious to see people's thoughts on those two products. Thank you!

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
adubs said:
Hello, new poster here. I have spent all day trying to figure out topical, natural solutions.

Firstly, I'm looking at shampoos/conditioners... Revivogen vs. Regenepure?

In terms of medicine, I know that I am allergic to sulfur, which is why the latter seemed more appealing. Does anyone have thoughts on this?

I recognize shampoos alone will do not do the job, but I'm curious to see people's thoughts on those two products. Thank you!

They are both good products, but if you're allergic to sulfur (I'm assuming you're talking about the Zinc Sulfate in Revivogen) then get Regenepure which contains Zinc Oxide.

adubs

Reaction score
Thanks, Ripple. How effective is the Regenepure compared to the Revivogen?

The sulfur allergy has more to do with knowing what I shouldn't have in my medications, so I figured I might as well be cautious with shampoo choices as well.

adubs

Reaction score
Also, making assumptions based from your signature, are you on a shampoo-only routine? If so, how is that going? Thank you again!

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how effective Regenepure is based on personal experience, but from the ingredients list and reviews it looks like a pretty good shampoo for hair loss. I do not only use shampoos. I also use topical DHT inhibitor as well.

Mr_Reeses

Established Member
Reaction score
ripple-effect said:
It works great to slow down hair loss. That's why you see Regenepure copying their formula and adding a few other stuff to it to maximize it's effectiveness. I thought the conditioner was ok but getting shampoo is preferable.

So why Revita.Cor over Revivogen Conditioner?

adubs

Reaction score
ripple-effect said:
I'm not sure how effective Regenepure is based on personal experience, but from the ingredients list and reviews it looks like a pretty good shampoo for hair loss. I do not only use shampoos. I also use topical DHT inhibitor as well.

Which inhibitor is that? Thanks again.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Mr_Reeses said:
[quote="ripple-effect":3m9tjvyh]It works great to slow down hair loss. That's why you see Regenepure copying their formula and adding a few other stuff to it to maximize it's effectiveness. I thought the conditioner was ok but getting shampoo is preferable.

So why Revita.Cor over Revivogen Conditioner?[/quote]

Because of the new technology it uses(bioadhesive microspheres) to prevent the ingredients from being washed off the scalp during rinsing, and it also keeps working even if you swim/sweat. It's delivery system is said to be more effective than liposomes.

Revivogen conditioner is also good if you want to use that. I used it before and liked it. It had a nice cooling sensation from the menthol, and I believe the Biotin in the conditioner gave a nice thickening effect to my hair. Many of the real ingredients to combat hair loss are contained in the shampoo, though, that's why I prefer the shampoo.

Mr_Reeses

Established Member
Reaction score
adubs said:
ripple-effect said:

Which inhibitor is that? Thanks again.

I use S5 Cream for my topical dht inhibitor