Which destinations to visit in USA?

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
Me and couple of my friends have decided to visit USA and maybe Canada next summer....but we still cannot determinate which destination exactly.
I was thinking maybe New York City or Washington D.C. which are much closer, but they prefer west coast.
Any suggestions are welcome.

badasshairday III

Established Member
Reaction score
How long will you be staying in North America? If you are going to stay in the East, you should definitely visit some of these cities; NYC, DC, Boston, Toronto, Montreal. That would be just cities to visit. If you like nature and the outdoors you should visit Niagra Falls.

If you do decide to head out West, I suggest Las Vegas, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, Vancover BC, Victoria BC. Again those are cities to visit. Outdoors type would be Crater Lake (Oregon), Yosemite (California), some of the beaches in California, and a drive up from LA to SF along the Pacific Coast Highway to get a glimpse of what people think about when they think of California.

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
badasshairday III said:
How long will you be staying in North America?

10 days.

The country is huge so I think that I won't be seeing much of it...maybe city or two...that's why I need the best options.

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score
you can visit LA/California but to be honest, its just a city. It's not a tourist area and the people that live there aren't tourists looking for a good time. After you do the whole "hey lets look at LA for stars" thing, youll be bored and end up going to bars filled with just regulars who live in LA or wannabe actors/actresses aka douchebags.

You should go to Miami. Spend as much time there as you can. Reason- everyone there is on vacation and just looking to have a good time. the nightlife is fantastic, you feel like your on vacation, the restaurants and women are beautiful, and everyone is cool and lookin to have fun.

NYC is a good choice as well

badasshairday III

Established Member
Reaction score
^^^ For the same reasons as he gave you for Miami, you should visit Las Vegas.

r7gers

Reaction score
Dario said:
Me and couple of my friends have decided to visit USA and maybe Canada next summer....but we still cannot determinate which destination exactly.
I was thinking maybe New York City or Washington D.C. which are much closer, but they prefer west coast.

i have just returned from a weeks holiday in nyc. it is a must see! i fell in love with the place!!
ppl are so friendly and soooo much to do!

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
r7gers said:
Dario said:

i have just returned from a weeks holiday in nyc. it is a must see! i fell in love with the place!!
ppl are so friendly and soooo much to do!

Yeah everyone I talked to say the same thing...New York, New York....

HairDont

Established Member
Reaction score
Beaumont Texas is a great place to visit. Good ribs, friendly people and lots of cowgirls :punk:

badasshairday III

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, visit New York. That is America. Miami and Vegas are resorts, they are fake vacationlands. NYC is a must visit. I think your buddies have it right. Hit up NYC and DC.

ashleysummer

Reaction score
I’d love to explore New York city and Denver, and Savannah, too. Denver would be totally mind kind of city – friendly locals, big city living and close proximity to the mountains. I am excited to check out the ones you mentioned here that I haven’t been to yet. Usually I get to know about the new places through travel blogs like https://travelsites.com/best-travel-blogs/

Showatt

My Regimen
Reaction score
1.) New York City. NYC is a given, it’s the iconic image of the United States, even though I don’t think it’s culturally or aesthetically similar to much of the rest of the country. Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge, all the museums, and the omnipresent stench of urine are internationally known symbols of NYC that any visit to the United States is a failure if you miss… (I lived in Manhattan for a year and don’t miss it one bit, but you gotta admit, NYC is THE City you see if you only have one choice.)

2.) Chicago, much like New York, there’s so much history and pop culture icons that are found in Chicago, and the Chicago foodie scene will leave your tastebuds glorified and your waistline expanded. I think is the Art Institute is the best Art Museum in the Americas hands down. Deep dish pizza, the bean, navy pier, Sears Tower (don’t you dare call it willis) overlook, Michigan Avenue, Wicker Park/Ukrainian Village, Grant Park, etc. are all great tourist attractions. I lived in Chicago for 5 years, it’s really an iconic and unique place.

3.) San Francisco, if you HAVE to choose just one city on the West Coast to see, San Francisco is probably more important and a must see than Los Angeles (or San Diego, Seattle, or Portland). It’s got much more history, is much more of a pleasant city to get around and navigate, and the collection of sites and vistas are much more iconic and important as a collective whole than Los Angeles. The Golden Gate bridge, Coit Tower, Alcatraz, Russian Hill, Fishermans Wharf, the Castro, the Presidio, etc. all present some of the most important and renowned tourist stops on the best coast. There’s just so much iconic and famous landmarks packed into a rather expensive but tiny and condensed (geographically) city, you are remiss if you miss San Francisco!

Grazzo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh, I'd like to travel a lot, but I don't think there are any destinations that I haven't been to in the USA, and I don't know Spanish or Portuguese to visit South America.

ashleysummer

Reaction score
Went there last year during spring but i think the cherry blossom fest was already over when i came over there, although there was still a bunch of people.

Chicago is good they have a nice park, couple art museums, river cruise, and other architectures that you could visit. They also got an observation deck from wayyy above the sky just like nyc, Food places are good as well.

Yarkira

My Regimen
Reaction score
My top places to visit in the USA:
- Grand Canyon
- Yosemite
- Yellowstone
- Maui
- Glacier National Park
- New York City
- San Francisco
- New Orleans
I like traveling, and it was hard for me not to go anywhere when the pandemic began. Now I travel mostly inside the USA. Usually, I look through the Flighthub reviews here to find deals on flights and hotels beforehand, it helps to save money.

Last edited:

jensyy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We want to go on a 3 months round trip and visit all the places which are written above. We just got a new camper van and looking forward for an adventure of our lives. My wife didn't work for the past two years so we had to take a Besteforbrukslån.no loan in order to make such a sufficient purchase.

Last edited: