Whey Protein Connected To Hair Loss?

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
My buddy told me that whey can cause hair loss, what’s the consensus on this?

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No I believe whey protein is actually good for hair. As it gives your body more nutrients and protein which are needed for hair growth. It's when you get whey protein with additives such as creatine that are bad and could cause hairloss.....

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
No I believe whey protein is actually good for hair. As it gives your body more nutrients and protein which are needed for hair growth. It's when you get whey protein with additives such as creatine that are bad and could cause hairloss.....
What about whey isolate? I heard a while back that it can be bad for hair but I just bought some (the store was out of my regular whey)

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, isolate or not that is 99.9% probably not the cause of your hair loss. Protein is good for the hair and helps build it stronger. It is more than likely genetic.
I know it’s genetic, I’ve been here long enough to not be in denial lol.

But I’m sure we can all agree that while 99% of hair loss is genetic, there can be factors that make it worse (stress, smoking, bad health). I was just curious if whey can contribute to making it worse.

Prepareyourhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know it’s genetic, I’ve been here long enough to not be in denial lol.

But I’m sure we can all agree that while 99% of hair loss is genetic, there can be factors that make it worse (stress, smoking, bad health). I was just curious if whey can contribute to making it worse.

Oh I'm sorry I didn't know! Its good not be in denial haha because then you can start treating in sooner. But of all of the things that can contribute to worsening hair loss, whey is one of the things you should be least worried about. You don't smoke or anything I'm assuming?

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh I'm sorry I didn't know! Its good not be in denial haha because then you can start treating in sooner. But of all of the things that can contribute to worsening hair loss, whey is one of the things you should be least worried about. You don't smoke or anything I'm assuming?
Lmao I do smoke, idk why I’m even concerned with whey given this fact. You’re right

Who Farted

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your buddy is wrong. Whey protein doesn’t affect hairloss anymore than drinking milk or eating steak does.

Ivebrussel

My Regimen
Reaction score
As male pattern baldness/acne prone i'd avoid any diary unless it's kefir or proper yogurt (kefir gets rid of 99% of the lactose-lactic acid).
and make sure to never take criatine

moksel

Reaction score
In my case, one day of using Whey Isolate turns my scalp into a burning hellhole of fire. With the consequent hair loss from the inflammation.

As soon as I quit the day after the burning sensation stops. I do not get this sensation when I use Pure Whey, instead of Isolate. So I would definitively vote YES, Whey Isolate may cause hair loss in some.