Where To Start With Hair Systems: Need Advice?

Ryan1994

My Regimen
Reaction score
so over the past 6 months I've experienced rapid diffuse thinning and it's gotten to be pretty bad and is seriously affecting my confidence. By no means am I bald, but at the rate this is going, it looks like I'll be in bad shape in about another couple months.

I'm meeting with a derm in a few weeks to rule out any other possible causes like Telogen Effluvium, but I'm also bracing my self for the worst, which is that this is permanent loss. Who knows though, as I said, this started literally 6 months ago and it seems unusually quick.

I messed with propecia for a bit but decided it definitely isn't healthy, so I've decided that a hair system would be my best bet, since I'm only 21 and have always had long hair.

My question is, where should I start with this? I've googled some local places and noted some with good reviews, however, cost is a huge factor for me. I can probably only manage about $100/month, being a college student with rent/bills to pay, but I also want something that looks authentic because I don't want to trade the anxieties around my thinning hair to anxieties around my shitty hair system!

Should I look online? Should I go to a place in person for a bit to get a hang of things? What kind of lace/material should I get (I'm active about 5 days a week and sweaty)?

Below are some pictures of my hair shorter and longer, if that helps you guys answer any of these questions.

Attachments

• IMG_0120.JPG
    IMG_0120.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_0122.JPG
    IMG_0122.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_0125.JPG
    IMG_0125.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_0130.JPG
    IMG_0130.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_0136.JPG
    IMG_0136.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_0137.JPG
    IMG_0137.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_0144.JPG
    IMG_0144.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 326

Rooftop93

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi. I don't have lots of experience since I'm just starting the process of getting and testing some hairpieces. But, from what I see, I would say that a partial lace piece on the front of your head could be the solution, as you don't seem to have hairloss on the back. I suggest you to watch a lot of videos on youtube. You learn a lot of thing about differents hairpieces, maintenance, etc..

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Ryan, sorry to hear you are having to deal with this at 21. That's young.

As Rooftop says, a lace partial piece for the front half of your head is probably the solution you need. You can get a good one on-line for around US$200 which should last you 4-5 months, so say 3 a year would be around $600. Cut-ins can be around $50 per unit, so say another $150. $200 is more than enough for a year's supply of glue and other supplies, so you are comfortably within your budget. I will PM you a few suggestions for good suppliers.

If cash is an issue, going on-line is best. Even the cheapest salon would be substantially dearer. Of course there is a learning curve, but nothing the average guy can't pick up in a couple of weeks. If Donald Trump can do it, anyone can do it (jk). Guys on here are there to help.

In my view lace is the best base material if you are physically active, because it is very breathable.

Noah

shookwun

Reaction score
Making a big mistake.

Take your finasteride and maintain your hair or you will deeply regret your decision when its all gone.

Once you are stabelized, save up for a transplant and you will be back at square root 1.

You have a good head of hair. just need the right approach, and medication to fix it.