Where To Order Decent Stock Systems At A Reasonable Price?

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Think I will just wait till my donor hair is long enough for a 1 inch hair sample.
And go with MG Ford.

As LordHair and NewLaceCU are both dodgy, I don't have much options for a stock to try out a full lace hair system which includes a remote cut in service.
I'm UK based too which makes ordering from other places like Lavivid not so easy. Plus they are out of most colours I saw.

In the meantime I will try out different tapes with my current hybrid custom hair system.
Even if worse case scenario and I have to use Walker 1522 and re-do it every few days.
Just hopefully that tape will be easy to clean up and won't fly off my head in strong winds.

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Think I will just wait till my donor hair is long enough for a 1 inch hair sample.
And go with MG Ford.

As LordHair and NewLaceCU are both dodgy, I don't have much options for a stock to try out a full lace hair system which includes a remote cut in service.
I'm UK based too which makes ordering from other places like Lavivid not so easy. Plus they are out of most colours I saw.

In the meantime I will try out different tapes with my current hybrid custom hair system.
Even if worse case scenario and I have to use Walker 1522 and re-do it every few days.
Just hopefully that tape will be easy to clean up and won't fly off my head in strong winds.
Yea I just contacted MG Ford, I just need to get a template and same as u grow my bio hair to an inch to get him a sample.
I think I'm gonna try French Lace from him.
You don't know his prices do u?

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea I just contacted MG Ford, I just need to get a template and same as u grow my bio hair to an inch to get him a sample.
I think I'm gonna try French Lace from him.
You don't know his prices do u?
From £460 for Indian remy and from £535 for European human hair.
He only does custom hair systems.

Last edited:

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
From £460 for Indian remy and from £535 for European human hair.
He only does custom hair systems.
Nice, thanks for the info man!
Yea it's a bit pricier than your Lordhairs and Lavivids but if it's higher quality and will last 2-3 months longer I'd say well worth it. Definitely worth a try right?

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice, thanks for the info man!
Yea it's a bit pricier than your Lordhairs and Lavivids but if it's higher quality and will last 2-3 months longer I'd say well worth it. Definitely worth a try right?
It looks to be higher quality.

And there's a video of Mike Ford testing it to the limit of 1 year. Very noticeable shedding by then.
He reckons 6-8 months before very noticeable shedding occurs.

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh man, that sounds great! If I cud get 6 months out of a system I'd be a pretty happy guy.
To Guage so far with this Lavivid I'd say maybe 4 mnths max

Higher quality would be nice too, hope that's the case!

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pretty satisfied with Lordhair so far. $2-300 for stock systems, fast shipping, good quality.

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Which models did u order?
Just Champion so far. Full French lace, in my hair color, cut to size, and then I have my stylists cut and style the hair. I’m on my second one and pretty satisfied so far besides a hairline issue I keep having that I haven’t diagnosed yet.

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just Champion so far. Full French lace, in my hair color, cut to size, and then I have my stylists cut and style the hair. I’m on my second one and pretty satisfied so far besides a hairline issue I keep having that I haven’t diagnosed yet.
Nice! How long does one Champion unit last you? What issue with hairline r u experiencing?

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice! How long does one Champion unit last you? What issue with hairline r u experiencing?
Well the first one only lasted me a month but that’s because I dove right in and had a steep learning curve with maintenance and washing. I treated it badly and let it get tangled and then I had to rip a bunch of hair out. But this second one I have, much better. I expect it to last me at least 3 months hopefully. Attached pics. Hairline problem is that the hairline doesn’t lay completely flat and smooth on my head and I haven’t been able to figure out why yet. I made a post about it here in this forum.

Attachments

• DAFD3E66-5FA8-4506-8AA8-2131B419D441.jpeg
    DAFD3E66-5FA8-4506-8AA8-2131B419D441.jpeg
    148.8 KB · Views: 116
  • AA595919-6499-4A00-81A1-E10C17F81E4F.jpeg
    AA595919-6499-4A00-81A1-E10C17F81E4F.jpeg
    138.7 KB · Views: 118

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks great man! I love how u have it cut and styled!
How much does HairClub charge u to cut in and service your unit?

I know what u mean about learning curve. I'm on my first one , from Lavivid, and I think it may only make it 3 months at the most, but like u I'm also learning. Learning curve is steep, and expensive LOL

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks great man! I love how u have it cut and styled!
How much does HairClub charge u to cut in and service your unit?

I know what u mean about learning curve. I'm on my first one , from Lavivid, and I think it may only make it 3 months at the most, but like u I'm also learning. Learning curve is steep, and expensive LOL
Thanks. I’ve gotten a bunch of amazing comments since doing this. It’s easier to pull off with the hairstyle I picked because it’s messy and the hairline can be covered.

HairClub is charging me $149 for a new installation and cut/styling and $109 for every removal/reinstall appointment. I’m trying to get it to the point where I only have to go once a month. That way I’m spending $1500 ish a year on appointments, and then say $1000 on 3-4 systems, so like $2500-3000 a year on all this. That I can do.

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's really quite good pricing! That's actually about what I'm paying a salon right now, but I'm losing my stylist who is relocating.

I'm gonna contact the hairclub in my area. Thanks for the info!
And yea man, your system looks awesome on u, styled very nice!

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well the first one only lasted me a month but that’s because I dove right in and had a steep learning curve with maintenance and washing. I treated it badly and let it get tangled and then I had to rip a bunch of hair out. But this second one I have, much better. I expect it to last me at least 3 months hopefully. Attached pics. Hairline problem is that the hairline doesn’t lay completely flat and smooth on my head and I haven’t been able to figure out why yet. I made a post about it here in this forum.
I am betting few folks look at your hair... ;)

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. I’ve gotten a bunch of amazing comments since doing this. It’s easier to pull off with the hairstyle I picked because it’s messy and the hairline can be covered.

HairClub is charging me $149 for a new installation and cut/styling and $109 for every removal/reinstall appointment. I’m trying to get it to the point where I only have to go once a month. That way I’m spending $1500 ish a year on appointments, and then say $1000 on 3-4 systems, so like $2500-3000 a year on all this. That I can do.
Good pricing, surprised that the hairclub in your area allows outside purchase..in my country, its all all inclusive services (with piece) only...

Hamy25

My Regimen
Reaction score
And go with MG Ford.

Hamy25

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi I ordered a couple of systems from Mike , rely nice guy but quality was appealing for the price visible knots , really bad quality hair . He showed me some great systems so I ordered from him. But once again it’s not the quality we will be receiving. Basically he uses the hair4all factory which isn’t very good at all . Sorry to be negative !

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi I ordered a couple of systems from Mike , rely nice guy but quality was appealing for the price visible knots , really bad quality hair . He showed me some great systems so I ordered from him. But once again it’s not the quality we will be receiving. Basically he uses the hair4all factory which isn’t very good at all . Sorry to be negative !
Your bad experience maybe.
That's the first I heard of a bad review of MG Ford, however since the pandemic the quality of hair systems has gone down for most if not all.
He offers both Indian remy and European human hair.
I would go for the latter as the hair quality should be better.
And I don't have an exposed hairline,so unless it's extra light density, the base shouldn't show easily.

But yeah the address for Mike is the same for Hair4all,I noticed.
Which is strange how Hair4all cost more and have a bad rep for customer service.
That would explain it as he uses the same factory,thanks.

My current hybrid custom hair system isn't that good quality.
Hair pulls through the lace easy when cleaning it,the lace itself is quite coarse and scratchy and the hair is quite dried out.
I managed to get £50 back after arguing with HairHub.
So cost me £300 total.

My previous hair system had really nice quality soft hair.
But they only did mostly thin skin bases with a 1/20th sized lace front.
And were too expensive. £2000 for 3 custom hair systems.
Optima Hair

My first hair system was Total Cover Plus.
£420 for a stock system with thin skin base and low quality hair.
And terrible stylists.

Last edited: