where to get some topical stuff

CCS

Reaction score
*Apple poly:

http://www.easycart.net/cgi-bin/BeyondA ... search.cgi

Apple Polyphenols Extract
$16.75
APPLE POLYPHENOLS Extract, 70:1, 60% polyphenols, >5% phloridzin, from apple skins. Apple polyphenols can quench hydroxyl, superoxide, and singlet oxygen free radicals, while promoting an increase in the body’s SOD and glutathione peroxidase antioxidants. They, along with Phloridzin help support healthy levels of sugar and lipids in blood.** 50 grams, $16.75 Code 819.8

*ethanol
liquour store. it is called everclear, moonshine, or white lightning

*propylene glycol
http://www.chemistrystore.com/propylene_glycol.htm

I'll add more to this list later. Got to put it on my site.

Bryler

Reaction score
I like this idea...a central thread for topical component suppliers as we find them....especially the exotic and hard to find stuff. I'll add to this as I find reliable sources for some of the exotics I am researching and sourcing out.

:pint:

CCS

Reaction score
For water soluble topicals (many extracts), I use 50% water, 10% ethanol, 10% propylene glycol, with 10% to fiddle with.
For fat soluble stuff like spironolactone, I use 20% water, 20-40% ethanol, and a lot of propylene glycol, and 5% octyl salicylate.

PEG80 and DMSO are good emulsifiers, but I bet the PEG80 is stronger. I'd use them at 5%.

I do most of my topicals at 1-3%. I'm not convinced 5% will dissolve, and I don't think the particles get small enough. pH affects particle size too, but I have no way of measuring it.

CCS

Reaction score

CCS

Reaction score
purified water will dissolve more than tap water will. Often stuff has to sit overnight to fully dissolve. room temp is better than the fridge. stuff will fall out of solution in the fridge.

CCS

Reaction score

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nice little thread you got going here CCS.

BTW, I make my own topical spironolactone 2% and store it in the fridge. You got me a little paranoid that some of it may fall out of solution.

I use ethanol(90% strength) and Glycerine as vehicles.

I make 100ml at a time which consists of 80ml alcohol and 20ml glycerine and 2000mg of spironolactone.

Will that be alright being stored in the fridge? I thought storing things like that in the fridge would help it last better.

CCS

Reaction score
don't worry if it falls out of solution. just let it warm up before you put it on your head. It will dissolve again. Then put it back in the fridge. No biggy. Probably at most half will fall out of solution. It is temporary and does not mean it is degrading.

BTW, I'm going to grind up more spironolactone tablets and do the spironolactone shampoo again. I don't know if it was the spironolactone or the nizoral every day, but my hair is denser. I have so many shampoos now:

T/Gel
Nizoral 1%
Piroctone olamine
spironolactone
Regrowth

Thinking about adding Licorice, or I might use that as just a topical, or might put a little licorice in all my shampoos. I'll definitely put peppermint in the T/Gel. Nizoral is my first priority since it gave me results. I just use Regrowth shampoos on days when I don't feel like applying minoxidil.

Pete

Established Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
don't worry if it falls out of solution. just let it warm up before you put it on your head. It will dissolve again. Then put it back in the fridge. No biggy. Probably at most half will fall out of solution. It is temporary and does not mean it is degrading.

BTW, I'm going to grind up more spironolactone tablets and do the spironolactone shampoo again. I don't know if it was the spironolactone or the nizoral every day, but my hair is denser. I have so many shampoos now:

T/Gel
Nizoral 1%
Piroctone olamine
spironolactone
Regrowth

Thinking about adding Licorice, or I might use that as just a topical, or might put a little licorice in all my shampoos. I'll definitely put peppermint in the T/Gel. Nizoral is my first priority since it gave me results. I just use Regrowth shampoos on days when I don't feel like applying minoxidil.

You seem to be on a mission.
I like the fact that you have Piroctone Olamine based shampoo.

As for using a topical locate a couple which reduce inflammation topically inorde for them
to slow hairloss.

Regards
Pete