Where To Get Finasteride In The United Kingdom

PastaForMe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

Is it possibly to get it on prescription? Or does it need to be purchased online or in a store?

Thank in advance

PastaForMe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Boots have a program you can sign up to. It’s how I get mine.
I did look at that, but the price definitely put me off, don't get me wrong, if I have £49 for a months supply I will, it's a small price to pay for keeping and potentially regrowing my hair, but I found a really good price from this website (I don't think I'm allowed to mention the name), but it's £15 for a weeks supply, you might know the one I'm on about, is it not trust worthy?

Mestys

Established Member
Reaction score
Go to your GP and tell them you would like a prescription for finasteride to treat your hair loss. Mention to them that if they prescribe the 5mg generic version it will save you a lot of money and that you will cut the pills into quarters, taking a dosage of 1.25mg a day,. When I did this I think it worked out to be £2/month.

PastaForMe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Go to your GP and tell them you would like a prescription for finasteride to treat your hair loss. Mention to them that if they prescribe the 5mg generic version it will save you a lot of money and that you will cut the pills into quarters, taking a dosage of 1.25mg a day,. When I did this I think it worked out to be £2/month.
Wow, that's pretty incredible!
I just have a couple of questions:
I don't have to pay for my prescriptions, so would I also get that free of charge?
And also the ones I've seen are 1mg, is there much difference between 1 and 1.25?

Sorry for the questions, just wanna make sure I know all the important things before I start. :)

Mestys

Established Member
Reaction score
I would imagine you would get it for free as the 5mg version is used to treat benign prostate hyperplasia, and is covered on the NHS. The 1mg version is obviously not. But this all depends on whether or not your GP is willing to prescribe the 5mg version.

Finasteride has a flat dose response curve so the extra 0.25mg won't have any impact on results or side effects. Most people go down the route of taking a quarter of a 5mg pill as it's much cheaper.

PastaForMe

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would imagine you would get it for free as the 5mg version is used to treat benign prostate hyperplasia, and is covered on the NHS. The 1mg version is obviously not. But this all depends on whether or not your GP is willing to prescribe the 5mg version.

Finasteride has a flat dose response curve so the extra 0.25mg won't have any impact on results or side effects. Most people go down the route of taking a quarter of a 5mg pill as it's much cheaper.
Ah right, thank you for the advice :)
I'm hoping I'll get some regrowth, as I've been on regaine for about 3-4 months, and I have yet to notice anything.