Where to Buy Propecia?

WhoRya

Reaction score
i'm new to all this. first of, do i need a prescription?

second, is there a difference other than price between the generic and regular propecia?

third, where do you buy it from? anywhere cheaper than other?

fourth, how much should i get? i would assume it is cheaper in the long run to get a years worth, right?

fifth, how much do i take, 1 tablet per day?

thanks for any help, and feel free to add any more info i may need to be aware of before taking/ordering.

p.s. i am a 25 yr old with a history of male pattern baldness in my family. i believe i may be slightly thinning on the crown, and slightly receding on the hairline and the temples. so i want to stop anything happening right now. i'm getting married in a year and a half :lol:

Pondle

Reaction score
WhoRya said:
i'm new to all this. first of, do i need a prescription?

If you buy from an online pharmacy, no. If you get it from a doctor, yes.

second, is there a difference other than price between the generic and regular propecia?

Generics are cheaper. Many guys buy either Merck or generic versions of Proscar (same active ingredient as Propecia, at 5mg dose instead of 1mg) and cut the tablets into quarters or fifths.

third, where do you buy it from? anywhere cheaper than other?

Online pharmacies, regular pharmacies, direct from doctors. Shop around. Search the threads for discussions of internet pharmacies.

fourth, how much should i get? i would assume it is cheaper in the long run to get a years worth, right?

I got 12 months supply.

fifth, how much do i take, 1 tablet per day?

1mg per day, i.e. 1 Propecia tablet per day, is the recommended dose. However, many guys take less (0.5mg) or slightly more (1.25mg).

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well congrats on getting married, first of all :)

'Propecia' is the commercial name of finasteride. You need to take 1mg of finasteride a day to keep your hair. There's also 'Finpecia' which is the same as Propecia but is the generic version.

1. You don't *need* a prescription, you can buy it online. But i would definitely recommend seeing a doctor and getting a legit prescription. Just so the doctor can monitor your progress.

2. There's no difference.

3. Where do you buy it from? I don't know, which country do you live in? I'm in the UK and just get mine from a regular highstreet chemist.

4. I would buy 3 months or maybe just a months worth first off to make sure you're not allergic or develop serious side effects etc etc. Then I guess you could buy a year's worth. I tend to pick mine up every 3 months to keep my options open ;)

5. You take 1mg per day. Which for Propecia/Finpecia is 1 tablet, yes.

You can save even more money by doing what some other people here do and buying 'Proscar'. Each Proscar tablet is 5mg (FIVE) of finasteride and is cheaper than Propecia (for some reason). People then split the pill into 1/4s or 1/5s so they get 1.25mg or 1mg a day.

WhoRya

Reaction score
thank you very much to both of you. i will be picking some up.

flimflam, i live in the US, but my username might sound familiar to you,

who r ya? who r ya? who r ya?

i'm a huge Arsenal fan :)

i watch soccer all the time, day and night.

bobisback11

Reaction score
i used europharmacy it is sent from the US, and it came like in two days after filling out a free consultation...also studies show .2o mg can be just as effective so i split it into 4s at .25mg....i didn't want to mess with generic or indian stuff...here is the study about the low effective dose, so its possibly as effective as one mg and you can save alot of money splitting the propecia into 4s. plus if your positive about the whole thing you have to have some regrowth just based on placebo...thats how the placebo group regrows hair there so positive their getting the drug they thrill themself silly into success.

http://www.physics.upenn.edu/facultyinf ... index.html

WhoRya

Reaction score
bobisback11 said:
i used europharmacy it is sent from the US, and it came like in two days after filling out a free consultation...also studies show .2o mg can be just as effective so i split it into 4s at .25mg....i didn't want to mess with generic or indian stuff...here is the study about the low effective dose, so its possibly as effective as one mg and you can save alot of money splitting the propecia into 4s. plus if your positive about the whole thing you have to have some regrowth just based on placebo...thats how the placebo group regrows hair there so positive their getting the drug they thrill themself silly into success.

http://www.physics.upenn.edu/facultyinf ... index.html

interesting. thanks.

Pondle

Reaction score
0.25mg is ALMOST as effective, but not JUST as effective, as 1mg.

Finasteridedosage.gif

blakes30

Established Member
Reaction score
flimflam said:
well congrats on getting married, first of all :)

'Propecia' is the commercial name of finasteride. You need to take 1mg of finasteride a day to keep your hair. There's also 'Finpecia' which is the same as Propecia but is the generic version.

1. You don't *need* a prescription, you can buy it online. But i would definitely recommend seeing a doctor and getting a legit prescription. Just so the doctor can monitor your progress.

2. There's no difference.

There's no difference?

How do you know that there is exactly 1mg of Finasteride in each pill of Finax or other generics? Are there any testing or other regulations to show that the pills are legitimate?

Pondle

Reaction score
That dose has never been studied. But doses from 0.2mg to 5mg resulted in significant increases in hair count in the clinical trials.

Alldutandfin6month.jpg

TonyTheTiger

Established Member
Reaction score
Pondle said:
That dose has never been studied. But doses from 0.2mg to 5mg resulted in significant increases in hair count in the clinical trials.

Alldutandfin6month.jpg
but do you think it is still effective? at 0.6 mg?

and wow at dutasteride too bad people say the sides are super high on dutasteride.