Where the heck do people buy/afford stemoxydine?

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
Its like 100 bucks for a 28 pack on amazon. Am i correct in understanding that each vial is a one day treatment?
There's shampoos available cheaper but probably wont be as effective right?

Is there a magical source for this stuff or are people just paying 100/mo for this stuff, is it that good?

Giiizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
Some people buy the Fructis brand from Garnier because it is the cheapest one, at least in Europe. One bottle lasts 28 days and costs about 10 euros.

From the few threads I stumbled upon when I was trying to gauge its efficacy, many people say it doesn't do squat alone or even made them shed a little but others include it in their regimen coupled with valproic acid. Since the vehicule is alcohol-based it can definitely lead to contact dermatitis so that could explain the shed some users had.

Even though I can have access to both stemox and valproic acid, I don't use it myself as I don't find that there is enough evidence that it actually helps.

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
Some people buy the Fructis brand from Garnier because it is the cheapest one, at least in Europe. One bottle lasts 28 days and costs about 10 euros.

From the few threads I stumbled upon when I was trying to gauge its efficacy, many people say it doesn't do squat alone or even made them shed a little but others include it in their regimen coupled with valproic acid. Since the vehicule is alcohol-based it can definitely lead to contact dermatitis so that could explain the shed some users had.

Even though I can have access to both stemox and valproic acid, I don't use it myself as I don't find that there is enough evidence that it actually helps.

Is this the one you're talking about? I dont speak italian so am not sure.
http://www.amazon.it/Garnier-Fructi...010&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=fructis+stemoxydine

It doesnt seem to have alcochol it says its a lotion? So I dont know if this is the best one to try to apply overnight for absorption.
Also, I wonder if I'll be able to have them ship this to the US

Giiizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that should be the one, judging by the shape of the bottle. I also checked the box since I have two bottles that I don't plan on using and it lists alcohol as its first component, which is why it's apparently a good idea to mix valproic acid in it since it dissolves readily in alcohol.

Some users on a French forum bought a six-pack of the stuff for 45 euros using this link although I doubt you could get it delivered to the US: http://www.amazon.de/Garnier-Fructi...39149860&sr=8-1&keywords=fructis+kraftzuwachs

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that should be the one, judging by the shape of the bottle. I also checked the box since I have two bottles that I don't plan on using and it lists alcohol as its first component, which is why it's apparently a good idea to mix valproic acid in it since it dissolves readily in alcohol.

Some users on a French forum bought a six-pack of the stuff for 45 euros using this link although I doubt you could get it delivered to the US: http://www.amazon.de/Garnier-Fructi...39149860&sr=8-1&keywords=fructis+kraftzuwachs

Thanks for your help! I'll see if they will deliver it.
Any idea if this stuff is any good without valproic acid? I can't get any valproic acid anywhere yet and I dont want to waste money getting semox if it's meant to be used with VPA

Giiizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
As I said,

Giiizmo said:
many people say it doesn't do squat alone or even made them shed a little but others include it in their regimen coupled with valproic acid

So, from what little I've read, it either does nothing or maybe something if combined with valproic acid. Can't help you more there, sorry. =/