Where on the Norwood scale am I and any advice?

Redted1000

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure where I am on the Norwood scale, thinking 3 or more. Been taking finistrade for 4 months and it seems to have accelerated the receding. Hair hasn’t really thinned out and is still quite dense.

anything I can do to slow the process?

Attachments

• C48EC775-624A-4F28-8222-AA7B8AF6F825.jpeg
    C48EC775-624A-4F28-8222-AA7B8AF6F825.jpeg
    154.6 KB · Views: 144
  • 4204A8C2-472C-4C50-82B0-7F73CC0EC9C7.jpeg
    4204A8C2-472C-4C50-82B0-7F73CC0EC9C7.jpeg
    168.1 KB · Views: 152
  • C3EDCDA7-D936-4D1A-8ABD-3232EDABB3B0.jpeg
    C3EDCDA7-D936-4D1A-8ABD-3232EDABB3B0.jpeg
    179.1 KB · Views: 159

Znx

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey dude, no you didnt.
There are two mainly medications to fight baldness, being finasteride (which is a hormonal drug that will lowe ur dht) for maintenance and maybe some regrowth, and minoxidil (normally topical applied) that is focused on regrowth.
Bota medications can come with undesired side effects. I suggest Making your own research, maybe talking to your doctor, and decide a plan of acionar.
People here probably didnt answer because this kinda of treatments are way kinda Basic in here... as for your hair i would say nw3 as well, but it doesnt seem to be extremely thinning só thats good

Redted1000

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey dude, no you didnt.
There are two mainly medications to fight baldness, being finasteride (which is a hormonal drug that will lowe ur dht) for maintenance and maybe some regrowth, and minoxidil (normally topical applied) that is focused on regrowth.
Bota medications can come with undesired side effects. I suggest Making your own research, maybe talking to your doctor, and decide a plan of acionar.
People here probably didnt answer because this kinda of treatments are way kinda Basic in here... as for your hair i would say nw3 as well, but it doesnt seem to be extremely thinning só thats good
Ah right. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I’ll take your advice and do some more research. Haven’t looked to deeply into minoxidil. Things seem to have sped up with Finistrade but I’ll stick with it for the time being.

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah right. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I’ll take your advice and do some more research. Haven’t looked to deeply into minoxidil. Things seem to have sped up with Finistrade but I’ll stick with it for the time being.
I won't bash the big 3, although they didn't work for me at all, they clearly do for some. My hairloss is more diffuse, receeded a bit, but using finasteride minoxidil and nizoral about 15 years ago made things a lot worse. Your hairloss is different to mine however and you have great density, if you've already started finasteride then best to stick with it, hopefully someone who has been in a similar situation to yourself can advise on minoxidil. I would never touch the stuff again but clearly works for some. Would just use caution since your density is good, things would be a lot worse for you if you started to thin accross top which does happen to some people who use minoxidil.

I use magnesium flakes and epsom salts in bath water and any water I use to wash hair and have noticed great results. Would also recommend looking into high dose msm. Far less shedding, literally none noticeable, and greater texture and volume.

Good luck.