Where is the cheapest place to buy Propecia?

nocturnalgirl72

Reaction score
Boyfriend paid $61.00 the other day at Target for 30 pills. His insurance does not cover it. Are there any online pharmacies anyone has tried?

drinkrum

Reaction score
Tell him to use Proscar instead and cut it up into 4ths or 5ths. It's the same drug (finasteride) but each pill contains 5 mg rather than the 1 mg found in Propecia. The price of each pill is about the same so he can get a 5-month supply for $61 rather than a 1-month supply. His doctor should be fine with prescribing Proscar unless he is an idiot.

He may also order online without a prescription. I've used http://www.111drugstore.com in the past and I believe it's around $70 for 30 pills of Proscar. So that's $70 for a 5-month supply. They ship it via international air for free.

D.

follijinxed

Established Member
Reaction score
This site looks great. Is it totally legit? I just went to the derm last week to look at a growth but totally forgot to have him right me a prescription for propecia.

So I go to make an appointment with a family practitioner today through my HMO, and the primary care doctor they assigned me is a gynocologist. So I can't make an appointment for another month because they had to change my doctor, lame.

So I think I'll get either propecia or proscar. I was going to start off taking .5mg propecia every other day for a while to see how it goes to minimize side effects and then gradually up the dosage as needed.

Could use Proscar too but I don't think I could cut that stuff into tenths.

Resultsnottypical

Established Member
Reaction score
drinkum;

you found that online drugstore to be legit? I am always looking for a reliable pharmacy online.

The stuff worked for you? seemed legit? I take it, it was geniune Merck, not Cipla, from the website info.

Please advise.

By the way, what is your current regimen?

sdgsxr

Reaction score
drinkrum said:
His doctor should be fine with prescribing Proscar unless he is an idiot.
D.

My doctor wouldn't give me proscar because she said she might get introuble for prescribing a prostate drug to a 19year old.

drinkrum

Reaction score
Resultsnottypical said:
drinkum;

you found that online drugstore to be legit? I am always looking for a reliable pharmacy online.

The stuff worked for you? seemed legit? I take it, it was geniune Merck, not Cipla, from the website info.

Please advise.

By the way, what is your current regimen?

Yes, the site is legit. I've used it twice now -- received the finasteride very quickly and in original Merck packaging.

D.

drinkrum

Reaction score
skerzz said:
drinkrum said:
His doctor should be fine with prescribing Proscar unless he is an idiot.
D.

My doctor wouldn't give me proscar because she said she might get introuble for prescribing a prostate drug to a 19year old.

Finasteride can also be prescribed for prostatitis, which can technically affect a man at any age.

D.

Resultsnottypical

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks Drinkum.

I am going to order some from them then. That is SO dirt cheap.

I am going to order the 5mg version of Merck.

That lasts, what, 120 days?

Btw, I could not find your "story" in any of the sections. How long have you been on finasteride and what have been the results (or sides)?

I have been on it, with one stop, since last July, and the results are pretty good. No sides.

drinkrum

Reaction score
Resultsnottypical said:
thanks Drinkum.

I am going to order some from them then. That is SO dirt cheap.

I am going to order the 5mg version of Merck.

That lasts, what, 120 days?

Btw, I could not find your "story" in any of the sections. How long have you been on finasteride and what have been the results (or sides)?

I have been on it, with one stop, since last July, and the results are pretty good. No sides.

Depends how much you take. If you take 1/5th per day, 30 tabs of Proscar will last you 150 days. If you take 1/4th per day, it will last you 120 days.

D.

Resultsnottypical

Established Member
Reaction score
what has been your experience Drinkrum? Do you ever post your results.

I enjoy reading your posts and understand now that you are on finasteride, what age are you? what Norwood, how long on finasteride, etc.

drinkrum

Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for 5 years, since I was 18. I started out Norwood 1 with a bald spot forming on the crown. I had the best regrowth after 2 years of treatment with finasteride, at which point I had the same hairline as I did when I was not balding. Since then, it may have regressed a bit, but mostly maintaining. Right now, I am probably a Norwood 0.5 or not even on the scale.

Since using finasteride, my libido has not been the same as it was prior to the drug. But that's the price we pay for vanity. I haven't had a morning erection for a long time, but then again, I usually have sex everyday.

D.

Resultsnottypical

Established Member
Reaction score
so you are 23? your posts sound like someone who has done a lot of research on the topic.

Appreciate the heads up on 111drugstore, or whatever it was called. I ordered 5mg Proscar from there.

thanks

I have had pretty good luck with finasteride so far, and with minoxidil (and nizoral every mon-wed-fri.) my hair is similar to Gunner's...although I am not as filled in as he is yet.

drinkrum

Reaction score
Resultsnottypical said:
so you are 23? your posts sound like someone who has done a lot of research on the topic.

Appreciate the heads up on 111drugstore, or whatever it was called. I ordered 5mg Proscar from there.

thanks

I have had pretty good luck with finasteride so far, and with minoxidil (and nizoral every mon-wed-fri.) my hair is similar to Gunner's...although I am not as filled in as he is yet.

Yes, I've done a lot of research on a topic. Heh, that's an understatement.

D.