Where Does The 36h No Perspiring Instruction Come From For Prohairlabs's Glues?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
https://prohairlabs.com/cosmetic-bonding-products/hair-adhesive/full-head-adhesives/

For example Transdermal and Newdemension really do have this line in their instrctuions "Excessive perspiring will affect the bond. Your client should be advised to refrain from all strenuous activities for 36 hours."

Whereas XL, Platinum, Supreme and Ghostbond do not have this instruction at all. Does this mean you actually can perspire after applying them without it affecting the bond? If yes, then I've been overly cautious all these years :(. Good to know, though, that it's actually easier.

I sent them an e-mail about this problem as well many days ago, but no reply still.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, you can't. You need a good 12 hours for the bond to cure before engaging in intense physical activity, and 24 hours before you can get your system wet (shower, swimming, etc).

Your amount and pH of perspiration will likely have an effect on this.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
No, you can't. You need a good 12 hours for the bond to cure before engaging in intense physical activity, and 24 hours before you can get your system wet (shower, swimming, etc).

Your amount and pH of perspiration will likely have an effect on this.
Why do you think it's different in the instructions of different water based adhesives then?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Different formulations, different chemicals, same base.
Prohairlabs has that instruction for some glues, but does not for many of them. Why have they left it out for so many ones, if it matters? Maybe Platinum really is that good that you don't have to avoid sweating.