Where do you buy your hair systems from?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
4-6 months is the AVERAGE lifespan of a full lace system.

Well that's true. I have HAD to make mine last longer due to the pandemic and delays with my custom system. I received word this week that my custom long hair system (10 inches) is ready and will be delivered to me by tomorrow - 10 months overdue, but better late than never! I am eagerly awaiting delivery to see what the quality is like and to get to finally try a longer hair system. Maybe I'll go to 12 inches after this one, who knows, but 10 inches is a good start.

Robrover

My Regimen
Reaction score
In normal times NWL and sometimes Coolpiece for my full caps. Used to buy from Toplace when BA had it but it went downhill after. Have tried lots of other US vendors, and some direct from Chinese outlets, over the years with mixed results.

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have used Hair direct for the last 12 years. Their customer service is good but their hair quality has gone downhill. Over the years I've had so many issues with them following my specs. I will be starting to order from Lavivid because they offer European hair.

Milo Bloom

My Regimen
Reaction score
In normal times NWL and sometimes Coolpiece for my full caps. Used to buy from Toplace when BA had it but it went downhill after. Have tried lots of other US vendors, and some direct from Chinese outlets, over the years with mixed results.
Yeah John, even in pre-COVID times, was taking longer and longer to fill orders. The quality was pretty good up until my last order when the densities came back wrong, I don't think he will survive the coming shakeout to be honest.

HairsonUnique

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've had a system or two of systems from toplace in the 6 months pre covid. I can honestly say I was very happy with the quality.

I've not bothered with literally anything since covid not because I don't want the grief.

My big crisism of John is that he could sometimes be better with responses to questions, but I never had any complaints about quality or delivery times pre-covid.

someone_solitary

Reaction score
Are you saying your system has lased 12mths ?? 1 system ? how is that possible? is it lace bace ? what kinda hair system do you have, as i would imagine long styles ie quiff will be more hair loss ?? seems a miracle.. mine only last MAX 3 mths!
My first system which was a poly lasted for 2 years! And my second one which I am wearing right now is still fine in it's 19th month.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 147
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 134

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
My first system which was a poly lasted for 2 years! And my second one which I am wearing right now is still fine in it's 19th month.
That is incredible longevity for a system! how you do it i have NO idea! ive been wearing for nearly 8yrs and i can not get any system ( i have only used full lace systems ) for more then 4-5 mths MAX! it could also do with the fact that as soon as i see any wear and tear on it, i feel like it does not look its best so at the 3 mth mark i normally feel like its not looking great any more and switch it out! .. if it starts to look less dense or the hair is not feeling great , i prefer to change it then it to start looking sh*t.

someone_solitary

Reaction score
That is incredible longevity for a system! how you do it i have NO idea! ive been wearing for nearly 8yrs and i can not get any system ( i have only used full lace systems ) for more then 4-5 mths MAX! it could also do with the fact that as soon as i see any wear and tear on it, i feel like it does not look its best so at the 3 mth mark i normally feel like its not looking great any more and switch it out! .. if it starts to look less dense or the hair is not feeling great , i prefer to change it then it to start looking sh*t.
Mine is a custom from my hometown in India. It's a mono with poly perimeter.

Hair system talk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been wearing my current Swiss lace stock system for 10.5 months now (detaching / reattaching every 2 - 3 weeks on average). If you're only getting 3 months from a lace system, either 1) it's a low quality system, 2) it has quite a low density, or 3) you're not looking after it properly. I wear my hair longer and thicker - actually longer and higher density hair systems last longer as there is more hair in the system.
Where was your swiss lace stock system from?