Where do you buy your hair systems from?

zozo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where do you buy your hair systems from? I've heard good and bad things from different places. Do you ever buy stock unit? Or is MG Ford the best?

Surely, you must have a consensus regarding top three shops? Thank you.

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
27 years ago when I first started I went with hair club only because I didn't know any better. I was with them for about five years and then skipped around a little bit with private salons. I discovered hairdirect about 12 years ago and that's when I started doing all of my attaching and detaching. Over the years I've had my share troubles with hair Direct So lately I have been searching elsewhere. The only thing you can really do is get online and watch YouTube videos to try to find a good company. It's not like you can walk in a big box store and just start trying here systems on. LOL my latest Venture is going to be with lavivid once I have a new mold made. I've seen a lot of their videos and their hair looks Supernatural they have a lot more to offer than hair Direct. I'll keep you posted.

ChrisPratty

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where do you buy your hair systems from? I've heard good and bad things from different places. Do you ever buy stock unit? Or is MG Ford the best?

Surely, you must have a consensus regarding top three shops? Thank you.

I’ve tried different types of hair systems in the past couple of years. Like you said, some of them are really good while others are bad. However, if I were to pick three hair system suppliers, they would be:

1. Lordhair
2. Farell
3. NewLacecu

Honestly, I prefer buying stock hair units as they fit my budget.

I have bought multiple stock units from these suppliers. If you ask me to pick one for you, it would be the first one (Lordhair). Its hair units look very real and last long. Also, they have a premium base which is comfortable, and lightweight.

I’ve bought at least 3-4 hair units from this company. So far, I have nothing to complain about.

Here’s the air system that I’m using these days.

Soren123

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve tried different types of hair systems in the past couple of years. Like you said, some of them are really good while others are bad. However, if I were to pick three hair system suppliers, they would be:

1. Lordhair
2. Farell
3. NewLacecu

I have bought multiple stock units from these suppliers. If you ask me to pick one for you, it would be the first one (Lordhair). Its hair units look very real and last long. Also, they have a premium base which is comfortable, and lightweight.

I’ve bought at least 3-4 hair units from this company. So far, I have nothing to complain about.

Weird that you like lord hair as I keep reading about inconsistent quality control and excessive hair shedding. Hmm..

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

1. Lordhair
2. Farell
3. NewLacecu

I'm considering Lordhair (maybe lavivid). Do you find the thin skin Inception ,that you posted, to be hot on your head during summer months or when excercising? How long does this unit last u?
Thanks!

Sharkboy68

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't recommend Newlacecu at all. I bought a system from them and they sent the wrong base size, wrong density and I paid for the haircut service which wasn't done! Total rip off merchants, stay well away. Can't comment on Lordhair or Farell.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

1. Lordhair
2. Farell
3. NewLacecu

Not heard of NewLacecu.

But Farrell is hugely overpriced and LordHair the quality is shite.

I stick to UK companies anyway nowadays as I'm UK based...

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
Weird that you like lord hair as I keep reading about inconsistent quality control and excessive hair shedding. Hmm..
I have to say lordhair systems are VERY VERY hit and miss!!! i got one from there ages ago within 3 weeks , it was so knotted , shedding and a nightmare i had to remove it and complain! after much going back and forth they replaced it , and i tried again!! the next one was just as bad and i again complained and was told , it because of the colour i use. blond 22R .. that the hair is sh*t! and if i was it to last i need to look after the hair with good conditioner!!!! everything i do anyways!! they didnt offer to replace it after that! i was livid! so now i avoid them if i can!!! sadly they are the only ones with Colour 22R atm in full lace, so i MAY have to try again!!! i can not afford MG Ford system at £400+ sadly otherwise i would totally give him a go. having said that i prefer stock systems as i hate to wait 3 mths for a custom!

Sharkboy68

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have to say lordhair systems are VERY VERY hit and miss!!! i got one from there ages ago within 3 weeks , it was so knotted , shedding and a nightmare i had to remove it and complain! after much going back and forth they replaced it , and i tried again!! the next one was just as bad and i again complained and was told , it because of the colour i use. blond 22R .. that the hair is sh*t! and if i was it to last i need to look after the hair with good conditioner!!!! everything i do anyways!! they didnt offer to replace it after that! i was livid! so now i avoid them if i can!!! sadly they are the only ones with Colour 22R atm in full lace, so i MAY have to try again!!! i can not afford MG Ford system at £400+ sadly otherwise i would totally give him a go. having said that i prefer stock systems as i hate to wait 3 mths for a custom!
I've been talking to Mike at MG Ford, seems to really be good and proactive. Like you I think the price is a bit steep but as I'm looking at my first hair system I'm thinking it will be worth it. I've just posted about a company called airfeelhair.com which may be worth a look.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
£415 from MG Ford is not that much for a custom.

And if you used rush delivery for £80 extra it would only take 8-10 weeks.

Hair4all is £1600 for 2 custom hair systems - a rip off.
Optima Hair I used in the past was £2000 for 3 custom hair systems but only full thin skin.
Also was incredibly expensive.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been talking to Mike at MG Ford, seems to really be good and proactive. Like you I think the price is a bit steep but as I'm looking at my first hair system I'm thinking it will be worth it. I've just posted about a company called airfeelhair.com which may be worth a look.

Nope the price is decent for a custom...

Custom hair systems are usually £300-£500, sometimes more.

Any cheaper it usually is crap 'quality'...

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've heard Farrel is really over priced. They've been around for a long time and they use a hard sell tactic.

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
£415 from MG Ford is not that much for a custom.

And if you used rush delivery for £80 extra it would only take 8-10 weeks.

Hair4all is £1600 for 2 custom hair systems - a rip off.
Optima Hair I used in the past was £2000 for 3 custom hair systems but only full thin skin.
Also was incredibly expensive.
Yeah i get for a custom it maybe ok , but you can get custom from all the online places for around £250.... which is nearly half the price of MG Ford. I used to use Hair4all when i started 8yrs ago and each systems was like £450 paid monthly installments , but honestly when you can pick up a stock for £180-200 you can pretty much have a new system every 3 mths for the price of 1 system from MG Ford. At the end of the day its about being affordable for me, i would rather buy 2 stock systems and have new hair every 3mths then have to hold onto 1 system for 6 mths coz it cost me ££££ .... I appreciate what MG Ford does and he is VERY talented , if i had that kind of money i would totally use his service, as he seems like a sound and honest guy.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Last few years stuck with www.ukhairsystems.com - pay around £300 per piece.
Current piece cut in in Oct 2019 and even with lock down had over 12-months daily use and still as fresh as paint.
Since reopening, I have been ordering for back ups though.
Taking them 6-weeks for custom made including lace pieces.
Happy.

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
Last few years stuck with www.ukhairsystems.com - pay around £300 per piece.
Current piece cut in in Oct 2019 and even with lock down had over 12-months daily use and still as fresh as paint.
Since reopening, I have been ordering for back ups though.
Taking them 6-weeks for custom made including lace pieces.
Happy.
Are you saying your system has lased 12mths ?? 1 system ? how is that possible? is it lace bace ? what kinda hair system do you have, as i would imagine long styles ie quiff will be more hair loss ?? seems a miracle.. mine only last MAX 3 mths!

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you saying your system has lased 12mths ?? 1 system ? how is that possible? is it lace bace ? what kinda hair system do you have, as i would imagine long styles ie quiff will be more hair loss ?? seems a miracle.. mine only last MAX 3 mths!

I've been wearing my current Swiss lace stock system for 10.5 months now (detaching / reattaching every 2 - 3 weeks on average). If you're only getting 3 months from a lace system, either 1) it's a low quality system, 2) it has quite a low density, or 3) you're not looking after it properly. I wear my hair longer and thicker - actually longer and higher density hair systems last longer as there is more hair in the system.

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been wearing my current Swiss lace stock system for 10.5 months now (detaching / reattaching every 2 - 3 weeks on average). If you're only getting 3 months from a lace system, either 1) it's a low quality system, 2) it has quite a low density, or 3) you're not looking after it properly. I wear my hair longer and thicker - actually longer and higher density hair systems last longer as there is more hair in the system.
yeah i think alot of it has to be about density , i only wear a density of around 100-110% because that is more natural looking to me.. i would never wear anything more then 110% as i feel that they are way to thick on most people. but even so , it would be interesting to hear if a standard medium light density works for more then 3 mths for other people. i have never had more then 4 mths from a lace system , and i do look after then very well, i am super gentle , i sleep with a silk pillow, i use a wide toothed comb to style , i use a good quality leave in conditioner, i only wash it once a week .. i mean what more can i do..

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
4-6 months is the AVERAGE lifespan of a full lace system.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Not 12 months...longer now I think and honestly its held up very very well.
French Lace. I have a french crop which helps. No tangling. Dyed it twice.
Very little shedding. Careful care but nothing overboard.
I will miss this old friend when gone