Where Do I Go From Here?

Packers

Established Member
Reaction score
Here's my story. I'm 24 years old and probably started losing hair around 18. I didn't really do anything about it until two years later when I decided to go the natural route. I started off with Procerin (before I knew any better) and then I decided to give Revivogen a shot. Revivogen didn't seem to do much of anything except stain my scalp. I tried minoxidil 5% but I didnt like applying it so after two months gave it up. I finally got the bravery to try Finasteride and started taking .5mg if Finpecia daily. I did this to save money and to reduce possible sides. I've been on .5mg finasteride for 15 months and my hair is only getting worse. I've also recently started using Rogaine Foam 2X a day which I have no problem with applying.

I already buzz my hair but now even buzzing doesn't hide my hairloss. My temples are getting emptier, I can sense that island in the front is starting to slowly form and the top of my buzz isn't anywhere near as dark as the rest of my buzz. :(
I dont know what to do anymore and I've just been really depressed about this recently. I look like bad with the buzz/shaved look so I'd love to have hair in the worst way. What can I do from here on out? Should I increase my dosage to 1mg of finasteride a day and continue with Nizoral and Rogaine Foam? Should I add in anything else? Should I start considering a hair transplant? I really hoped I would never have to get one but it seems like it will be my only hope. Sorry about the long rant, but hairloss sucks!!! :badmood:

Any help, suggestions, etc would be great. Thanks in advance!!!

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
First, you should post some pics so we can all tell you its not that bad, which I'm sure it's not.

Second, I wouldn't consider an hair transplant for a few years - to be a good hair transplant candidate you need to show that finasteride is at least maintaining your donor hair, and that can take a few years.

There is a big debate on .5 vs 1mg dosage - I would suggest taking the regular 1mg a day if you can handle it.

Foam is a powerful treatment and many people shed on it (like me) - you might consider reducing to 1 app a day, again this is a matter of opinion.

Really its finasteride+foam+nizoral - there's not much more you can do then that. Bottomline is keep on your treatments religiously, no matter what. If you've really been taking .5mg finasteride EOD for 15 months that is great - keep on it, and keep on the foam.

Packers

Established Member
Reaction score
It's itchy at times but for the most part its really oily.

I'm going to continue with the Big Three and see what happens. I guess my main question is should I continue with .5mg of finasteride or bump it up to 1mg a day?